AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just visited "The Good Guys" and they are having their fall clearance. I asked the salesman when the new toys would be coming in. He said "4 weeks".

He had just been through a sales course on the "new" HD stuff for the fall. He didn't know much, no surprise, but he did remember a Panasonic HD recorder with firewire was going to be introduced. Of course, if a recorder is there, there must be an STB to go with it. Similar things have been posted with regard to Mitsubishi.

Some of you out there must know what's going to show in the fall. It would be nice if knowledable ones could drop some reliable rumors. For those that don't like rumors, don't read them and don't post.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 08-05-2001).]

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I heard that the real reason for the Panamorph delays was so that it can be fitted with a special DVI goo. It smears the image when the CGMS, Macrovision, or Constrained Image flags are present. Unfortunately, during initial shipments, some of the goo leaked out prematurely and was discovered by the consumer. The MPAA was said to be furious and demanded that the faulty units be replaced with a new "diaphragm" design. The diaphragm expands to cover the entire opening when the newly announced "view never" flag is enabled. These should be shipping soon... At least that's what I thought I heard http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.