AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the LG LST-4200a to use with my Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U, however in reading up about this some users of this box have had better experiences with one or the other cable type for this Receiver to TV combination.

In an attempt to save me time and money I was wondering if anyone has tested this out on this or a similar set and could save me the trouble.

What works better for this combination DVI or Component cables?

on another note DVI-I or DVI-D?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recommend DVI-D(DVI-I includes analog RGB, DVI-D only Digital without the RGB)

I used LST-3100 to 18.1 LCD monitor with DVI-D.

It was better than RGB or component.

HD stream is digital, Your Auous also uses Digtal signal.

If you connect 4200 to Aquos with DVI-D, you can save some procedures to convert analog to digital. (D--->D no conversion)

If you connect 4200 to Aquos with component, Some digital alogue conversions will be needed. (D--->A(for component output)--->A(for component input)---->D)

But!!! I can not sure it...

Some devices are much better when they use component interface.

because the devices are optimized(designed) to analog.

It is a rare case.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sangbin....a very helpful reply. I originally asked this question so I knew what DVI cable to purchase before my HD Receiver arrived, but after doing some more research I found that it did indeed come with the DVI cable that I needed. I will also swap in component just to see if there is a difference. I can't wait for the 4200a, I need HDTV for football season!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks...I think that I will go DVI since it will be less cables....you know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.