AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the LG LST-4200a to use with my Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U, however in reading up about this some users of this box have had better experiences with one or the other cable type for this Receiver to TV combination.

In an attempt to save me time and money I was wondering if anyone has tested this out on this or a similar set and could save me the trouble.

What works better for this combination DVI or Component cables?

on another note DVI-I or DVI-D?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Bob,

In a perfect world I would recommend DVI, its most useful in your scenario since you have a fixed-pixel display. However noticing DVI from component is minimal, so if the convenience or cost factors weighs better than using DVI, then use component. Also something to weigh in if your using another device lets say an upconvert dvd player that uses DVI then connect whichever device youll be using most with DVI.

BTW, DVI-I cables carry both analog and digital signals.

DVI-D cables carry digital signals.

Most commercial tvs, and electronic equipment for HT purposes use DVI-D, so you only have one choice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I went with the DVI-I cables I would be covered regardless of what I hooked up now or in the future.

How are you doing there by the way?

·
Registered
804 Posts
No no Bob I think your getting a couple things confused. DVI-D, and DVI-I are different connectors, they cannot be adapted, or mixed and matched. Most commercial HT products will have inputs and outputs for DVI-D, so you can only use DVI-D. Yes DVI-I sounds like the best of both worlds, but in your application its simply not usable/possible. Maybe this site might help more than myself, http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html

Im not doing too bad thanks bob, Ill be checking in on the remote tonight when I head into work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.