AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just set up my first HTPC using a P4 2.4 and ATI 7600 non pro card.

I didn't realise that this card was a problem child until I did some research on this forum. I cant get POWERSTRIP to change custom resolutions as this function is greyed out, I guess it is due to the type of video card. I downloaded R3DTWEAK and this allowed me to set some other resolutions.

Currently I am running 1280x720 resolution into an LG 60" RP Monitor. Using DVI the monitor displays 1280x1024 but via RGB it displays 1280X720, so obviously it only displays standard resolutions via DVI.

Using DVI the image is very sharp while RGB is a little on the soft side, which I can adjust the sharpness in the monitor. In saying this though both images are better than the component output of my Panasonic RP82 DVD player.

My question is, is it better to have the monitor running at the same resolution as the video card, and also is it better to watch DVD's a little on the soft side so the pores in peoples skin don't stand out?

The monitor has an auto tracking feature so it will auto sync to most frequencies, it will display 480p, 540p, 720p as well as 1080i.

Thanks for all the great information on this forum guys!!!

Spearmint

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.