AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to setup a 40" LCD flat panel screen in my conference room at work. I have the PC in the other room which is about 50-60ft away that i want to hook it up to. Im guessing after running the cable up and down the walls i will need about 75ft-100ft cable. What should i use? S video, DVI, or ???

PS

also where is a good palce to buy cable?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Stay totally digital and use a DVI cable. SVideo will only support analog TV resolution, and is not really suitable for 50+ foot cable runs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the link but im undable to find the answer. that just shower me a bunch of boosters. Not the lmit of the DVI cable itself

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so far i cant find a real answer on if a 50ft+ DVI cable will work, some say yes some say no. But the work around i found it using a DVI booster which costs around $250. If anyone knows another way to conect a PC to a LCD flat panel tv let me know and have it look good for excel and powerpoint presentations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ordered a 50ft cable from ramelectronics. its a DVI to hdmi. $184...ill post later next week on how to works out after i hook it all up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got it all setup. works great. 37" LCD+Ttl wall mount+50ft dvi to hdmi cable+ shipping+tax= $2300.

the 50ft cable worked great. extremely clear picture. got the cable from www.ramelectronics.com and the tv and mount from costco.com serpent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.