AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a question about the best resolution for my configuration.

I've been reading a lot about 1080i, 720p....

My currrent configuration is radeon 9500 pro, holo3d, xcard, lcd projector with dvi (native xga0.

What is for this configuration the best way to go, stick with 1024*768 or some other setting?

Can someone advice me on this particular setup

Thanks in advance!

regards,

nikkieneuken

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your lcd projector is xga then it most likely has a native resolution of 1024*768. This would be your preferred resolution since you do not want you lcd projector to scale the incoming picture, you have a holo3d for this.

FYI - the 720p is 1280*720 or 1440*720. 1080i is 1920*1080 (interlaced) or 1920*540. These are resolutions used with the HDTV standard.

What's up with the weird nickname?

Regards,

Kris

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

the answer was what I had expected, so I will not start experimenting with the settings.

I must tell you that the combination of holograph3d and ffdshow is amazing!!

I really used to be a dvd software (zoomplayer + combinations) fan, but with dvi the holo3d + xcard really is a different leaque.

About the nickname....is a long, long story!

Regards,

nikkieneuken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you using an external dvd-player? with dvi?

Did you try to hook up a standard tv-signal (e.g. vcr) or a satellite receiver to your holo3d card? if yes, how do you like the quality.

I'm investigating into a scaler. I own a ntsc only sony hdtv (kp57-ws510) and I would like to be able to watch (pal) tv on it.

The holo3d is one of the option but, like many people i think, I put off by the lack of support (for now at least).

Regards,

Kris

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mooi he zo in het engels?

I'm using the realmagic xcard (pci card) directly connected through pdi with holograph.

The satellite receiver is pci too. with mytheater or progdvb you are able to get the signal in holo3d. quality is great!

Holo3d drivers are very stable with my current configuration (holo3d I), so I have nothing too complain about support ect.

Regards,

nikkieneuken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.