AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new g4 powerbooks have a minidvi out and NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 with 32MB of DDR SDRAM with 1024 x 768 res.

Will connecting this to a panny 42" 6uy dvi board provide a better PQ for photos and web browsing than a vga connection?

dont need to watch dvd, or do gaming.

thanks,

chris

·
Registered
899 Posts
The picture quality via DVI out would be better as it is purely digital w/o any analog conversion.

That said, you may have some difficulty matching the resolution and the proper aspect ratio. For instance, with my powerbook, I can output 1024x768 to my plasma which is native 1366x768. But I can either have a 4x3 image with side bars or a stretched 1024x768 16x9 image.

With your 42" panny, I'm not sure what would happen. If you have an HD plasma that is 1024x768 w/ rectangular pixels, you may end up with a stretched picture. If your plasma is an ED 852x480, I'm not sure what would happen with that either.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my Powerbook to output any of the 16x9 or HD resolutions.

Glen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.