Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been curious about being able to send a 1366x768 dvi signal to the fujitsu 5001/5002. As I understood it, you could only send multiples of 8... 1360 or 1368. I shot off a email to powerstrip tech support and they sent me back a link to a thread. Here it is. http://pub28.ezboard.com/fentechfrm1...icID=322.topic

I guess it might be possible with powerstrip 3.02 and a type of videocard (kyro/kyro2) that doesn't abide by the multiple of 8 rule.

Comments? Can anyone find this card online?

Thanks,

Bob C

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the same concern. I am planning to test a couple of resolutions via DVI on the 5002 next Thursday. I am going to use an Nvidia Geforce 2 MX card with DVI-D. The Kryo also looks interesting...

I've read other threads where people had success using the closest multiple of 8 i.e. 1368.

I'll post the results here Thursday pm.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Analog8,

I look forward to hearing about the test you will be conducting. From your previous posts, it seems you are most concerned about the video processing electronics interfering with the DVI-D signal.

From the information I have gathered, the display should map the digital signal pixel to pixel. So..if you feed it 1366x768 you would obtain a “full screenâ€. Lesser amounts would result in proportion. Obviously I don’t know this for sure. I sure hope it does!

If if does not perform right off, be sure to dig in all the menus enabling and disabling all the various modes.

Keeping my fingers crossed

reboot

·
Registered
588 Posts
reboot

I did read somewhere here (can't find it now) that someone with a 1366x768 display (a Panasonic 50"?) sent it a 1368x768 image via DVI and got perfect pixel alignment. Obviously two rows of pixels would be cut off but I can live with that.

This is what I am hoping the 5002 will do.

I emailed the vendors of those two Kryo II cards with DVI. If they exist, I will overnight one and test it as well. At least they are fairly cheap! I imagine the performance won't touch Nvidia though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.