AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am not currently using my pc for a home theater but thought you guys might help me on something. I noticed that my video card and monitor both have the DVI connections but I have never used them. Would I gain anything by hooking them up with a DVI cable? Refresh rates, framerates ect...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flapbreaker
Ok I am not currently using my pc for a home theater but thought you guys might help me on something. I noticed that my video card and monitor both have the DVI connections but I have never used them. Would I gain anything by hooking them up with a DVI cable? Refresh rates, framerates ect...
DVI (Digital Video Interface) output offers a pure digital video signal from DVD to display without any analog conversion. The benefit of this direct digital connection is a picture free from the video noise and artifacts that are the result of D/A conversion.

For digital fixed pixel projectors and TVs such as plasma, LCD, DLP, DILA and LCoS, this direct digital signal path allows the the PC's video card or DVD players like the V Bravo D1 to select a "1:1 Pixel Mapping" DVI output resolution that can exactly match that of the display's native resolution.

SOUND & VISION magazine's technical editor, David Ranada, called the resultant DVD/DVI picture quality from the Bravo D1, when displayed on a fixed pixel display, "Reference-quality" - free from artifacts and with perfect geometry.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like DVI has more to do with image quality than refresh rates and such. I just didn't know if it would make a difference related to computing but it sounds like it wouldn't make a big difference there.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flapbreaker
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like DVI has more to do with image quality than refresh rates and such. I just didn't know if it would make a difference related to computing but it sounds like it wouldn't make a big difference there.
Only an advantage if you want better image quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.