AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Output to a DVI projector & a DVI RPTV. Video from HDMI Dishnet & OPPO DVI

DVD player. I guess the easiest is to put a 6 ft cable to my RPTV that runs to the top of the set and just run all the other cables there and just connect what you want? 90% I just view the Dishnet on my RPTV. I've seen the HDMI Monoprice switchers: the price is right but I'd need adapters to change my DVI to HDMI and am wondering about PQ issues. My OPPO 971 has component but I've read it is a dismal 2nd to the DVI. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Component is a fine connection. HDMI->DVI is lossless digital. You pretty much have a win-win situation. The only problem with a component connection is if somebody is allowed to market an HD recording device with component inputs causing the HDCP broadcast flag to be implemented.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I read that my OPPO 971 dvd player has a poor PQ via component so I'd like to try the DVI all around. I'm concerned about trying one of the inexpensive HDMI switchers and adding the DVI/HDMI adapters. Am wondering if PQ suffers the more connections one uses? I'm going to try my OPPO 971 component on my projector just to see. BTW you're in Chicago? GO Bears! I'm 150 miles north.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
HDVI and DVI are digital. The picture will either suffer no degradation or it will be obvious. If you get a picture and it isn't full of sparkles, it has not been degraded at all. In two weeks, I can let my fingernails start growing again. 150 miles north usually means Packer fan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.