Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm very close to buying an InFocus ScreenPlay 7200 or a Toshiba TDP-MT8, however I must admit I don't know very much about using a DVI video connection.

My experience is limited to an HDTV with an single RGBHV analog HD input. I use a high bandwidth VGA switch to connect more than one HD source to it. Is there a similar means of connecting multiple DVI sources?

I also have a home theater computer that does deinterlacing and video scaling to simulate HD sources. Are there video cards that will do the same and output to a DVI connector? If so how do you go about connecting its output along with a DVI HD satellite receiver and an DVI DVD player to the DVI input of your projectors?

Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryChanin
Hi All,

I'm very close to buying an InFocus ScreenPlay 7200 or a Toshiba TDP-MT8.

If so how do you go about connecting its output along with a DVI HD satellite receiver and an DVI DVD player to the DVI input of your projectors?

Thanks.

Larry

Go with the 7200...just for the support. Toshiba doesn't shine in this area.

As for DVI switching? The cheapest (and it ain't cheap) is to get a Gefen HDCP DVI switch. It's what I use with my HT1000 plus Sony HD200 and HTPC.

Bill

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Biggles
Go with the 7200...just for the support. Toshiba doesn't shine in this area.

As for DVI switching? The cheapest (and it ain't cheap) is to get a Gefen HDCP DVI switch. It's what I use with my HT1000 plus Sony HD200 and HTPC.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.

Are you using the Gefen HDTV Switcher ?

Can you tell me a little about your HTPC? Did you build it, or buy it? What video graphics card are you using? Are you using it to scale DVDs and then output them to your projector via the DVI connection?

Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Larry,

The one you pointed to is new...and much more reasonable than the one I bought .

HTPC was built, and I'm using a Holo II card with the HD AUX from Immersive Inc which actually takes the video card out of the question ( other than desktop pass thru...but with me sending the HD200 to the AUX card I use the Gefen to switch to my desktop).

I feed the Holo card with component from my DVD changer and input my HD Sat via DVI to the AUX and both are switchable out via DVI from the Aux card with the Holo GUI. I'm scaling everything to 1080i to my PJ.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.