Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there

I am thinking of outputting video via a ATI Radeon via DVI to my DVI input on projector Panasonis AE 300 ( with the help with POwer strip )

1) ANy views if there have been problems with the output ...this is technically better than outputting via VGA ( as can scale up to 720 p )

2) ALso for video sources, Cable TV ( analog sources) ..I heard that D scaler scales up such sources such that my analog sources also gets outputted at 720 p ..

GIVEN THE BENEFITS ...b4 i go ahead to make all the becesssary purchases , can I confirm if the scaling up of the analog sources makes at least 40% better in terms of resolution

any problems faced ?

IF POSSIBLE , pleaes provide

1) with the model of the ATI radeon card ( I prefer not to get All in wonder

as I hope to get better caoture cards in future

2) Brand & model of DVI cable ( Extron ??)

3) version of Powerstrip , D scaler and Best DVD software

4) I think without a headware DVD decoder , I am fine ? ..Pls recommend the best DVD software encoder

THANKS

Plesae reply to [email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi,

I see that you're in Singapore. Parts in Singapore is still very expensive, my brother is currently live and work there and he mention that the Radeon card are expensive.

Anyway, get back to your question:

1.) For Display card, you have to ask yourself, are you a gammer or just use the HTPC for movie. If you don't play game, the Radeon 9000 is enought, for gaming and if you have the budget, 9700 and 9800 is top of the line for now. Never get All-in-Wonder since you want to use DScaler. Dscaler might now work well with All-in-Wonder.

2.) For DVI cable, depends one the length you want. Some brand doesn't have the length you're looking for.

3.) I don't use PowerStrip. Get the latest version of Dscaler. For DVD player, use CinePlayer (TheaterTek)+ PowerDVD filters with ZoomPlayer.

4.) You don't need a Hardware DVD decoder card, sava a PCI slot and nightmare with IRQ problem. The ATI card have better DVD playback than other card. The only time you need a DVD Decoder card is if you're running lower speed computer like 400Mhz or something.

Hope that will help.

From,

Moses Ong

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
The AE 300 is 960x540 right... In that case use the HTPC to scale to the native rez of the projector and ouput 960x540 to the PJ...

Then set your PJ into 1:1 or native mode and bypass its scaler all together...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.