AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GeForce Ti4600 and I'd like to run a component video signal to my projector. I recently purchased a DVI-to-component cable, and was disappointed to discover that the cable apparently only supports YPrPb output. Apparently video cards normally output in YCrCb, and trying to use the cable results in an unwatchable mess which frequently loses sync. (If I understand this right, I think the YCrCb is digital, and YPrPb is analog, and most video cards output a digital signal.)

Anybody know of a product I can use, or am I going to be stuck springing for one of those VGA-to-HDTV converter boxes?

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
No, video cards output RGB not YPbPr (or YCbCr which is really the same thing). You need a transcoder to convert from RGB to YPbPr unless your PJ will accept RGB on the component inputs.

Your best option is to get a new video card that offers native component output, most do these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.