AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a Radeon class video card that can output DVI and VGA at the same time. They can be identical feeds, I don't need dual monitor support. I have RAdeon 9700 but can't seem to do it.

Oh, and this gets further complicated with PowerStripe. My output resolution is 1280x720p both VGA and DVI. This is for DScaler.

I could use a DVI to VGA convertor with a DVI splitter so the card only outputrs DVI but that's a bit pricey.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ok glimmie I suppose that 'the same in both screens' option in the clone menu doesn't do the job as video overlay is only available in one monitor.....

I have a vivo 9200 with 2 monitors one VGA and one DVI. Usually the first ATI video application (video in, DVD easyshare..) uses overlay by default but the second one even if it is an ATI one uses primary surface/VMR7 which is available in both monitors. So Video in (first) plays only in DVI but all the rest play in both screens. I usually have Hauppauge TV and easyshare running.....visible in both screens!!! I haven't tried a fourth window (windvd ati dvd...) I hope I gave you a clue....

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Glimmie,

I have an older Radeon 7500 and both outputs work just fine (although I understand having all three outputs do not work as well). What happens when you try to activate the second output?

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark
Glimmie,

I have an older Radeon 7500 and both outputs work just fine (although I understand having all three outputs do not work as well). What happens when you try to activate the second output?
Well I happen to have one of those too. I'll try it tonight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
why does it have to be a radeon? My 6600GT has VGA and DVI output and both can be used at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.