AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I remodeled my appartment I had the electrician put empty electrical tubes in the wall and ceiling. Running from the corner of the room where the HTPC is to the ceiling where I'm gonna mount the projector. To connect my HTPC with my projector. At the time I figured a SVHS connection would easily fit, but since then I found out that DVI is by far superior and a must.

Unfortunately a DVI cable doesn't fit in the tubes because of the connector parts being too big.

Are there any solutions for getting the DVI cable through the tubes ?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You'll have to wait for HDMI cables. Their video portion is pin-to-pin compatible with DVI. You'll probably see DVI to HDMI adapters that you could connect to both ends of the HDMI cable to connect to the DVI output of the source and input of our PJ.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you purchase the Sim2 HT300 Plus you can do this. Seleco has the Remote Input Interface that accepts composite, S-video, component, VGA, RGBS and DVI and outputs the signal to the projector on 3 fiber optic cables. These cables would fit in your pipe. But it will restrict your choice of display devices.

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.