AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Dvico M6500A, both updated to the last firmware version.

They both have a 1,000GB Seagate SATA II HDs.

One works just fine, movies are awesome to watch with the HDMI output and the setup was a breeze.

The other one is DRIVING ME NUTS.

I connect it via component to my Sharp Aquos and I can see the main logo then the main setup page.

Now, no matter what, when I change the settings to HDMI video output, it won't take it. It simply flicker the video and then I get total "black screen" on my Sharp tv. After a few seconds (30 or more), it goes back to the component video output and all the settings are back to the default (except for the language)...

I am starting to suspect this one is defective from factory...

Anyone has an idea...?

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you tried just swapping the M6500A's (leaving the cabling/etc in place) to make sure its the M6500 and not the TV/etc? I had issues with the latest beta firmware having no sound output to my sony tv over HDMI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the M6500A.

I swapped a few times with the other M6500A that I own and that one works wonderfully, any way I set it up.

And my problem is that I just don't get any video out of the HDMI output on this M6500A, no matter how many times I change the settings to HDMI.

And another thing about the non working M6500A HDMI is that this one also start with a pretty loud whirring noise which only stops once the M6500A booted and loaded the Os completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts