AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello and happy tuesday:

I have a samsung ln40b630 connected to a ps3 via hdmi and an older dvd player(sony dvp-nc80v) via component for when i want to watch a movie in the middle of a paused ps3 game. anyways, there is a button on the front of the dvd player that toggles on/off progressive scan. for some reason there is almost zero difference in resolution between the 480i and 480p thru the dvd player, and when in 480p i get an oversaturation of reds that i just cant seem to do away with while adjusting the tv. Ive been screwing around with the settings on the tv and cant seem to bypass it, should i just keep it at 480i? any ideas what could be causing this?

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsoop /forum/post/18144576

hello and happy tuesday:

I have a samsung ln40b630 connected to a ps3 via hdmi and an older dvd player(sony dvp-nc80v) via component for when i want to watch a movie in the middle of a paused ps3 game. anyways, there is a button on the front of the dvd player that toggles on/off progressive scan. for some reason there is almost zero difference in resolution between the 480i and 480p thru the dvd player, and when in 480p i get an oversaturation of reds that i just cant seem to do away with while adjusting the tv. Ive been screwing around with the settings on the tv and cant seem to bypass it, should i just keep it at 480i? any ideas what could be causing this?

480i and 480p have the same resolution. There difference is where deinterlacing is done: with 480i it is done by the display and with 480p it is done by the player.

You are using the display controls to try to correct the saturation, right? I don't know why that wouldn't work. You might try the thread for your Samsung to see if there is a trick to adjusting the color balance.

Are there any other setup options in the player?

Otherwise, I would just use 480i.

-Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
You are using the display controls to try to correct the saturation, right? I don't know why that wouldn't work. You might try the thread for your Samsung to see if there is a trick to adjusting the color balance.

Are there any other setup options in the player?

Otherwise, I would just use 480i.

-Bill

yes i use the display controls to correct it but i have to tone down the red so much that it doesnt look good. there are no real settings for that sort of thing on the dvd player, and all the other connections look great; ps3/hdmi and pc/dvi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.