AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HDHomeRun Extend and need DVR software that isn't a monthly subscription. I have a Mac, but Plex doesn't work very well and EyeTV3 no longer runs on Catalina. So, I have Windows 10 under VMWare Fusion. Does anyone know of such DVR software?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
SiliconDust has a DVR app available for the HDHomeRun tuners, but there's an annual fee for the guide data and the UI totally sucks. I've been using Channels DVR and I really like it. It costs $80/year so it's not cheap, but it's easy to set up and use and the recordings can be accessed from any compatible device on your home network, including your smart phone. I like Channels because I can have the Channels app on just about any compatible device and put the DVR engine on any number of devices. I use my Windows 10 HTPC as the recorder and my Nvidia Shields for playback.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks very much. I see that NextPVR is MacOS native so I will give that try.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow-up, I have NPVR installed and it's running good so far. Thanks much for the tip - this might be the solution I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts