AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a charter customer. I have setup a network of Win7 MC to use to library all of my sons 800 dvd's.

I am now expanding our TV's. Bedroom, Livingroom, Basement.

All have to get HD boxes from lovely charter.

One is our MOXI DVR. I would really like to be able to access a shared DVR. Moxi has paid boxes with moxi mate, but then it sounds like cable cards and we miss on on demand (which we watch regularly).

So the question is, should we continue looking towards expanding windows mc as a DVR, or should I just safe hours of frustration and plunk down for moxi and admit one tv wont be able to have on demand?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-mn /forum/post/19542956

Hello all,

I am a charter customer. I have setup a network of Win7 MC to use to library all of my sons 800 dvd's.

I am now expanding our TV's. Bedroom, Livingroom, Basement.

All have to get HD boxes from lovely charter.

One is our MOXI DVR. I would really like to be able to access a shared DVR. Moxi has paid boxes with moxi mate, but then it sounds like cable cards and we miss on on demand (which we watch regularly).

So the question is, should we continue looking towards expanding windows mc as a DVR, or should I just safe hours of frustration and plunk down for moxi and admit one tv wont be able to have on demand?

Any ideas?

Personally, I would purchase a MOXI with Mates for your home video network; if you want On Demand get a separate STB from your Cable Provider (MSO).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts