Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at this :

Other Highlights

In the second quarter, Scientific-Atlanta shipped 260 thousand Explorer 8000 set-tops, a sequential increase of 47 percent. In the quarter, the company began shipments of its second generation DVR product, the Explorer 8000HD set-top. Included in the 260 thousand DVR units the company shipped in the quarter were ten thousand Explorer 8000HD set-tops.

Demand for high-definition products accelerated in the second quarter. Including the ten thousand Explorer 8000HD set-tops mentioned above, Scientific-Atlanta shipped 101 thousand high-definition set-tops, a sequential increase of 69 percent.

Full Article at : http://www.sciatl.com/news/03Jun09-3.htm

·
Registered
184 Posts
who else thinks that ReplayTV will have lived and died "ahead of its time"? By the time the masses become familiar with DVRs and recognize the limitations of the STBs, ReplayTV will have been retired from the market and its replacement priced in the thousand+ neighborhood.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think in

I love my ShowCenter from Pinnacle, which is getting more and more use from the family. It's $299 now but will be $99 by Christmas (there's no moving parts)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.