AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelz /forum/post/0

Hello, just was wondering what dvrs are best for recording & watching shows ona daily basis? Sorry to ask this stupid question.

Thanks In Advance.

What is your source? Cable, satellite, over the air etc..

Did you mean DVD recorder or DVR?

Will you watch the show and erase or store on a hard drive or burn to DVD?

You have alot of options. Answer these questions and we can better guide you

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Quote:

Have over the air,(there's a tv tower on a hill which is where the tv is fed from) I want to tape and watch shows, save them ,hope this anwers the questions.

Do you mean save them to DVD or just save them on the recorder?

If you want over the air HDTV, then Tivo Series 3 is your best bet, but expensive.. though you can transfer lifetime subscription from an existing tivo for $199 on series 3s bought through the end of this month. (It also does OTA analog, and analog and digital on cable, and replaces the cable box.)

·
Registered
614 Posts

Quote:

I want to save them on dvds.

Thanks for the info.

If you don't mind viewing your HD-OTA in 480i you could pick up a fairly inexpensive DVD recorder and output from your TV into a DVD recorder. The picture quality of high def in 480i is actually pretty good

The other options I outlined above preserve high def but at a significantly higher $$$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.