AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Windows 98SE and the ATI 7199 drivers and Cinemaster 4.0 when I uncheck the "Force software playback only" I have audio but no video. I have checked the registry and I do have DVXA turned on in the driver and the dvd player. Can any help?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SofaCinema
With Windows 98SE and the ATI 7199 drivers and Cinemaster 4.0 when I uncheck the "Force software playback only" I have audio but no video. I have checked the registry and I do have DVXA turned on in the driver and the dvd player. Can any help?
That's because the player can only run in software mode using the 7199 drivers which are DXVA enabled. You must run the player in "Force Software playback only" precisely for this reason. The 7199 drivers were made for DXVA players. You can still use them with non-compliant players, but you have to run them in software mode since they do not have the capacity to use the hardware acceleration feature.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MikeM,

From the Cinemaster 4.0 FAQ

Quote:
DXVA now eliminates the need for these proprietary interfaces. DXVA is the new API that connects the video decoder to the display driver and is only available under DirectShow. DVD players and video decoders that do not use DirectShow by default cannot take advantage of DXVA. DXVA debuted with DirectX version 8.0 and is required by WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) on Windows XP. The CineMaster DS video decoder is completely 100% DXVA compliant and is certified by Microsoft's WHQL
If this is the case why do I have to use software decoding which turns DXVA off?

·
Registered
398 Posts
MikeM is incorrect. Cinemaster DVD 4.0 is a 100% DXVA WHQL compliant player.

You can see if Cineplayer is using DXVA in the Settings->Information page.

As for your troubles with your partiulcar ATI driver, you should contact ATI technical support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.