AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my dwin transvisin installed now for about one week. Did not see any rainblow artifacts until I watched Hidden Drgaon. They were all over the place. I am now wondering if it is depends on the movie.

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
I find them to be very dependent on source material. Generally the darker higher contrast movies I see more. I always see them during white credits, black screen. I guess they don't bother me as much as they do some people. Maybe I just don't see them as much. Until someone comes out with a clearly better projector than the LT150 I'm going to live with them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Do a search, u can use my name to, as I have commented on this issue, as have many others. I would just post the link, but despite my time here, I don't know how...

As my colleague stated, it is most definitely dependent on the source, but usually in regards to "contrasty" scenes.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
As one who is senstive to the rainbow effect and has seen rainbows on the Dwin and the Seleco's, I would say that the degree to which one perceives rainbows depends on the movie. Scenes with a lot of contrast tend to cause more rainbows. Also, unfortunately, if you are senstive to rainbows, I think you may become more sensitive after you first notice it. Your brain now realizes every time it seens a rainbow what it is seeing. It's sort of like a subliminal effect. You don't see it, until someone tells you it's there. Then you can see it every time. The limit is how sensitive you are in general, and you won't see them if they are not there (unless you've been drinking). But I would guess that if you see them a lot in one movie, you will find that that movie is not the only one you see them in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.