AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DWIN HD-700 projector with a 65" wide Stewart 1.3 gain screen. Everything except HDTV was set up/calibrated by John Gannon. I'm using a Sony SAT-HD200. DVD, of course, looks fantastic. HDTV (HBO channel 509) is too dark and flat looking, but can look great if I just increase the contrast a little. With John's DVD setup, Brightness is at 85 and Contrast is 10. Does anyone know if I can safely increase contrast to 35, only when watching HDTV, without damaging the projector? At this setting, the picture matches DVD, to my eye. Since my HDTV is dimmer than DVD, I'm hoping that increasing the contrast for HDTV will just bring it in line with DVD, without risking putting the projector into blooming. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
GL,

I also have a DWIN HD700. The unit has memories for each input frequency.

It sounds as if your brightness is on the high side. Most of the users, including myself, seem to have the settings for both brightness and contrast below 50%. There shouldn't be any problem with your increasing the contrast. Each input device has it's own characteristics and slight adjustments are not uncommon to account for them. Once set-up you should't have to adjust it again since you can give it it's own memory location.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.