AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Transvision and played with it tonight in its temporary location. The projector sits on the video processor (is it a transcanner2 in disguise?) on a coffee table projecting onto the wall. Anyways, after viewing for several hours, I noticed that the projector's body was hot to the touch and that the video processor below was also hot. I'm guessing that the video processor was absorbing the projector's exhaust and heating up.

There is about 1/2 inch clearance in back and 3/4 inch clearance in front between the projector and video processor.

Just wondering if the heat is normal. I hear the fan working -- it is louder than I am used to, but nowhere in the D-ILA range.. Any other owner's out there?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Transvision gets hot as well. It currently sits on a box until I get it ceiling mounted. One important thing is to make sure the rubber "air deflector" is installed properly underneath if your sitting it on a table. Make sure the air is being vented away from the exhaust to the outside of the case.

My video processing unit (it is a modified TransScanner), doesn't get warm at all. I would assume it's absorbing heat from the projector.

As for the fan, I can hear it, but it's not at all bad compared to others. I think I will notice it less once I mount it.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by jeffchandler (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info on the rubber deflector. I didn't read the manual and didn't know what it was for http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Anyways, I'll be installing it later and will let everyone know if it runs cooler. Seems like a poor design if the unit outputs its hot air where the input sucks in. Perhaps they should have put the inputs/outputs on opposite sides of the unit rather than both below.. Perhaps it was done to reduce the noise.

Anyways, came home tonight -- the unit is still in standby. The belly of my unit is warm to the touch, the top is cool. Is yours that way also (in standby)?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.