AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Grayhawk 100" 16x9 fixed wall screen. The top of the screen is currently 27" from the 9 ft. ceiling. I just got a DWIN Transvision and am expecting a Panamorph soon. I know that with a 16x9 image the DWIN can move the image up and down within the 4x3 panel. However, with the Panamorph will I loose this capability because the image is sent to the entire panel? In other words, must I use the 4x3 screen offset to determine the image offset as the DWIN manual states? This would be 6 to 8 inches instead of about 22.5in for 16x9 offset. If so I would need to mount the DWIN lower from the ceiling or raise the screen.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Bruce

Yes you lose the ability to shift the image because the whole idea is to use the whole panel for the 1:78 picture. The 1:78 picture is stretched to the 1:33 panel so you no longer will be able to shift unless you distort or cut part of the picture .

with the Transvision you use the 1:33 offset for setup of the screen to projector relationship, this 1:33 minimum will be your downwall (measurement of 6").

You also need to set your screen to 16:9A as this mode has more stretch/compress for the Panamorph.

This effects all 1:33 projectors using the Panamorph.

If you use a Panamorph 2 (2:35 lens) you will increase the vertical height to push the black bars off the 1:33 panel.

I will be using both Panny1 and Panny2 on the Transvision so I need a new screen to get my picture centered in relationship to both these lenses which will use the whole panel on 1:33, 1:78 and 2:35.

I can not wait.

DavidW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.