AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished installing a TV3 for a client... I was also considering the TV3 for myself... mainly for ease of retrofit/cost.

Here are my conclusions.

The only advantage DWIN yas is the one cable solution.. and I truly think they are on to something... whether HDMI will change all of that... well, we know how that goes.

However, this unit has some significant problems.. as far as I am concerned.

The Cons:

1st, the PJ does not have a light sealed box.. There is light leakage around the lens... nowhere near as bad as the infocus, but it is there.

2nd, their scaler needs significant improvement. There is only one menu, not one for the PJ and the scaler, and there is no way to set the grey scale without the Service menu (which DWIN would not give me.. needless to say I was a bit irritated with them) but I am hoping they would still realize the error of their ways... Not to mention we eneded up getting overscan..

3rd, they do need ISF callibration... without greyscale control... the best that Josh L (DocDVD) could get is roughly 7500K

4th, is Lack of digital Keystone feature... although their mount is "supposed" to allow for a manual keystone, its a pain in the but... and depending upon the install situation (unfortuantely I don't have pictures) not always possible..

What are the pros..

1) Decreased cost of cabling, and ease of retrofit.

2)1 cable solution

3) HD2, the colors and black levels looked pretty good on a white 2.0 gain screen

4) Decent Price for product

Kudos to sharp for delivering what they said they were going to deliver..

·
Premium Member
24,985 Posts
"...the best that Josh L (DocDVD) could get is roughly 7500K"

Are you reporting on the same installation or just referring to another one for numbers?

I'm wondering if this is a second lukewarm review of another pj or another person's opinion of the same pj.

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noah,

I didn't know that Josh had posted on the other thread, before I started this one...

Yes, Josh and I do several projects together, and He calibrated this one for my client...

It is the same PJ and install.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Can't wait to see the TV3 because the Sharp left me....wanting. I was not that impressed personally. The one at the Home Theater Store on Westheimer in Houston is was set up ISF and it was good but not "breathtaking..I'm selling my pj and switching today" type good.

Generally speaking IO think I would take DWIN's processing over Sharps anyday.

oh well.

Also read your comments on Crestrons stuff and your comments make more sense.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.