AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this might be a post that belongs in the VP forum, but there seems to be a better chance of someone here that actually has a TV3 to help answer my question:

Could someone post an objective comparison of DWIN's TV3 external scaler versus other popular scalers (NRS, CS-2/HD, (HD)Leeza, etc...)?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My understanding is that the Dwin scaling is done within the projector itself. The external box functions strictly as a 'switcher' - albeit a VERY convenient one.

htomei

·
Registered
469 Posts
it's a damn big box for just the switching. Plus, I'm guessing it must onvert everything to 720p to send it over the DVI cable to the PJ. So I can't imagine the scaling isn't done at the box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have made myself more clear...I'm looking for a PQ comparison rather than a functionality assessment...scaling and deinterlacing on the TV3 versus other scalers (even versus the internal ones on competing HD2 PJ's).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
504 Posts
On the TV2 the scaling was done in the projector. On the TV3 the scaling is done in the external box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also welcoming any comments by those who saw the TV3 at CES, and anyone who can shed some light on DWIN's track record with their Transcanner series of VP's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.