Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Currently trying to run an ATI RAGE FURY PRO 32MB VIVO on AMD XP1600, ECS K7S5a MB PC and 98SE however cannot upgrade drivers to latest drivers without losing VIVO.

Considering DXR3.

I need to legitimately turn off macrovision so that I can display on an LCD panel (Ovation 820). I believe DXR3 and Remoteselector allow this.

Anyone using DXR3 this way?

Many thanks

Sirtaz

·
Registered
248 Posts
The DXR3 is the hw equivalent of the H+. However, Sigma Designs updates the drivers and main DVD program much more often than Creative does (which is almost never).

RemoteSelector and a couple of other programs will turn off the Macrovision for the H+/DXR3. In addition, RemoteSelector will allow the DXR3 to use the latest H+ drivers and programs. That is how I use it.

I assume that the LCD panel specifically needs a s-video/video connection and doesn't have a VGA port?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jalaram,

Thanks for the heads up about H+ driver support - I think I will give that a try.

The LCD Panel does have a VGA input but I will have to make up a vga lead for its specific pinouts. Since it has svhs input and a I have a long svhs cable already just the right choice of card should sort out the problem. The PC is new so I can just exchange the video card.

Kind regards

Sirtaz

·
Registered
144 Posts
Since your projector has a VGA input, and you seem to have a fast enough PC, I would highly recommend trying a GeForce or Radeon card's VGA outputs coupled with a software DVD player.

The H+ is good for TV output purposes, but quality-wise I think you'd be MUCH better off with a good video card + VGA output.

-Bon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tsowen
You can load H+ driver and application for a DXR3 card. They will recognize DXR3 as an H+ and run properly.
That's not true. I have a DXR3 and couldn't run the H+ drivers or application without RemoteSelector. It's an intentional "bug" added by Sigma Designs.

Quote:
Since your projector has a VGA input, and you seem to have a fast enough PC, I would highly recommend trying a GeForce or Radeon card's VGA outputs coupled with a software DVD player.
That's why I asked about the VGA input. I love my DXR3 when I use it on my 27" TV via S-Video. On my LT150, it's not bad, but I start seeing flaws in the picture.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,

Just to point out that I don't have a projector - just a VGA(640x480) LCD Panel - I am in low budget territory - that's right - cheap!

But my Big Screeen only cost me $300 (Canadian) to set up and the picture is good enough for my aging eyes - better picture quality comes with diminishing returns per every thousand dollars,

and kid's school costs takes priority.

I think I just might go for a MX400 geforce2 64mb with TV out and buy a macrovision buster black box. That will get me over my current requirement and make me future proof for a real projector I might pick up cheap later.

Thanks for all the input guys

Sirtaz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.