AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my setup i use a radeon 9500pro, win xp, p4 1.6, intel 845, alc 650 onboard sound via spdif out.

i downloaded the sonic cineplayer (full install) for trial. i can play back dvd's through the player just fine but if i enable dxva the video playback is very smooth but the audio gets horrendous stutter. would it likely be a video card problem causing this since my previous radeon 7000 never had any problems with dxva and the same spdif out being enabled.

secondly the same sonic codec appears in my sage tv profiles screen but if i select it the video renderer fails and brings up an mpeg2 error. is this because i'm using a demo copy rather than than a full version?

i'll quite happily buy the decoder pack for sonic if i KNOW it will work for sageTV as a full install but just about every other dvd codec works just fine in sage as a demo or a full install.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I use the Sonic decoders in Sage and they do work. Make sure you have Overlay selected and everything else set to default on that screen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, mlb

did you ever install them as a demo though or always a full install?

i've installed them as a demo in both win2k and xp and although they appear in sage no matter what combination (ie. sage, default, default and dxva either on or off in the sonic screen) i use they will ALWAYS error out when i try to go into live tv. i'm hoping this is just becasue it's a demo pack and not a full install.

also when you see the sonic codec in sage does it report as "sonic cineplayer @ ds" or something along those lines?

still trying to figure out what the @ ds part is.

thanks, nick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.