AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AMD 5450 and athlon 250 regor dual core, I rip blu rays to my hard drive and than try to play them through media center. I went through the guide and followed it step by step using the mpc-hc method first... I could not get DXVA to work on anything, mpeg or VC1...

I than went back and re did it using sharks codec and now i have bit streaming and dxva for mpeg but not for VC1, I even have DXVA working on avatar with the force subs but the timing for them is off, like they will stay on... I rip using makemkv, which i paid for, and i use media browser for a front end.

Can someone please point me to some settings either in sharks codec or a way to setup mpc-hc so i have DXVA for VC1 and mpeg4 and Bit Streaming...

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485 /forum/post/19538583

I have an AMD 5450 and athlon 250 regor dual core, I rip blu rays to my hard drive and than try to play them through media center. I went through the guide and followed it step by step using the mpc-hc method first... I could not get DXVA to work on anything, mpeg or VC1...

I than went back and re did it using sharks codec and now i have bit streaming and dxva for mpeg but not for VC1, I even have DXVA working on avatar with the force subs but the timing for them is off, like they will stay on... I rip using makemkv, which i paid for, and i use media browser for a front end.

Can someone please point me to some settings either in sharks codec or a way to setup mpc-hc so i have DXVA for VC1 and mpeg4 and Bit Streaming...

In order to get DXVA working on win 7 all I did was switch the renderer to EVR, as soon as you install codec packs everything gets very convoluted and too difficult to debug.

http://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-using-dxva/

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I followed the sticky at the top on setting up mpc-hc including making sure the evr custom was being used but i always got 30 percent cpu usage, i switched to internal 7mc with shark and now its down to 10 or less... the issue is VC1 enocded blu rays those are high 40's for me, is there a guide for getting vc1 to work inside 7mc and keep forced subtitles working??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485
I followed the sticky at the top on setting up mpc-hc including making sure the evr custom was being used but i always got 30 percent cpu usage, i switched to internal 7mc with shark and now its down to 10 or less... the issue is VC1 enocded blu rays those are high 40's for me, is there a guide for getting vc1 to work inside 7mc and keep forced subtitles working??
can you get vc1 to run with dxva without subtitles, I say take it step by step but I have nothing specific to offer since I do not use subtitles.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cannot, i have tried turning off subtitles and changing some settings in shark and what not but i still get no dxva with vc1 only with mp4...i get smooth playback but its def using cpu and i feel the pq is also different....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did you do a complete install?

or some bastardized version as suggested in the sticky thread here?

If it was complete install,

press Reset All, choose the SUGGESTED settings checkbox at the bottom of the app, then set MPC-HC for WVC1

dont forget to re-set passthrough on the Audio TAB if you are connected to a receiver.

Also, when connecting to a receiver the speaker config should be set at 'Same as input'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts