AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get MP (1.0.2) under W7 to give me mkv movies with subtitles (both internal to the mkv as well as seperate files) and DXVA. The MP setup guide tells me to use MPC-HC for this. I've set the priority for MHC to +1 however when I check a mkv in graphstudio it shows me it's still using the MS DTV-DVD video decryptor.

Am I right in understanding that as long as this is the case I will not be able to use subs and keep DXVA ? And if so - how do I setup my W7/MP installation to properly support mkv +subs with DXVA? I'm sure I'm just being dense and missed something in the guide - just cannot figure out what.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
"MHC": What is that?

MPC-HC subtitle engine works fine with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder (with HA) or whatever video decoder you choose in MediaPortal Configuration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/17012271

"MHC": What is that?

MPC-HC subtitle engine works fine with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder (with HA).

Oops - sorry I ment MPC-HC. Ok so for Win7 I just leave the video decryption set to DTV-DVD and that will let me play the mkv and add subtitles to it while still having DXVA ?

And the MP 1.0.2 will that need any changes to get this to work of does that by now include the correct MPC-HC ?

Sorry - all the terms are just somewhat overwhelming at the moment. Is there a foolproof way to verify that DXVA is working - like say if I disable/enable a certain decryptor it's 100% sure not to use DXVA. The reason I ask is so that I can compare CPU load.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
I am sorry that I am a bit picky, but what priority you've set for MPC HomeCinema to +1? Do you mean that you set the merit value of MPC Video Decoder higher by +1 than Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder in GraphStudio? Then this is not a correct way. You have to choose MPC Video Decoder as the default H.264 decoder in MediaPortal Configuration > Video > Video Player.

The performance of Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder is basically equivalent to MPC Video Decoder (in particular in Windows 7 RTM). You can use it instead.

In general there is no direct way to check if HA is working or not. A quick indirect way is look at CPU utilization. If you set 'Minimum processor state' to 100% in Power Options in Control Panel (so CPU runs at full clock) and HA is working, you will see very low CPU usage (5%-20% with a decent dual-core processor). MPC Video Decoder's property shows if DXVA is working or not, however.

I think MPC subtitle engine is integrated only in 1.1.0 Alpha.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
I am using 1.1.0 Alpha and MPC-HC subtitle engine (subtitle+DXVA) is built in it (no configuration is required!). Unlike its name (MPC-HC), you can use any video decoder supporting DXVA or not, e.g. MPC Video Decoder, CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder (all three support DXVA), ffdshow Video Decoder (no DXVA) etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Intel X4500MHD GPU refuses to do h264 DXVA unless i use the microsoft decoder. Fortunately the microsoft decoder works great, it even processes 1080p profile L5.1 material.

So my suggestion would be to just the MS decoder along with MP alpha 1.1.0. This should give you MKV with hardware acceleration and subtitles at the same time (works for me anyway).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late reply - made a trip to the store to pickup my parts and then got carried away building ;-)

Thanks for all the advice - I've installed MP1.1.0 alpha to trial it and this does indeed work as expected.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I might have to upgrade MP to 1.1.0 alpha... I got it in my brain last night to upgrade my version of VLC from 0.9.9 to 1.xx and it screwed up all my h264 decoding. The only setting that I remember changing was a loop check which greatly increased the performance of VLC on h264 and everything worked (well for the most part, fast forwarding tended the crash the player, which is why I upgraded the version). Now my audio is crap on the new version (real nice stuttering). I fooled with it a bit and finally said screw it, uninstalled and re-installed my old version, and guess what, still have the audio stutter, so it looks like it is some setting which got changed, probably a new audio codec....

Since I already use MP and since I already have the prospect of re-installing all my codecs anyway to fix this issue, I will try the new version. Does Moving Pictures work under the new version?

·
Registered
409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicoz /forum/post/17012894

To get DXVA with subtitles you need to follow these instructions:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ge...-engine-54130/

As Renethx I believe this will be integrated in 1.1.0

So, it seems that this is now built-in to MP 1.0.2? I'm having a hard time getting this working (subs w/ mkv).. I went to video settings in MP and checked "Show Subtitles", then I went to haali settings and changed "Autoload vsfilter" to 'yes'.. Still nuthin (subs work fine in regular mpc-hc)... Any suggestions?

edit: I need to learn to read better.. looks like it is NOT integrated in 1.0.2, but rather in 1.1.0.. Looks like I'll have to do some hackin after all..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,

After succeed with Renethx to make work Bitstream HD with MPC filter MPEG, i'll try embeded subtible with DXVA so i use the new fonction in MP 1.01 with MPC-HC.

So i remove Haali because with it, i can't read MKV with HD stream (True HD for example) and i set MPC Splitter Matroska.

But i ave an issue,

I can't see sub when the sub is integrated in MKV.

I can see sub with external file .srt.

I have another issue, i can't swap audio when MKV has 2 channel on it.

Is it normal or i made something wrong again lol.

To setup MPC Splitter, i use your trick Renethx (i set GUID of MPC Splitter into .mkv registry like we madefor .m2ts and MPC MPEG SOURCE).

Thank for your future help

Sebastiii.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts