AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was looking over section 4 of the set-up manual, I cam across an interesting procedure for alinging the cross hairs of a test pattern (presumably adjusting the individual positions of the raster) on the horizontal axis.

The manual suggests that by adjusting the DY ring on the CRT neck that you can alter the horizontal position of the crosshairs (test Pattern output).

I thought that was interesting given that my crosshairs when reset to facotry conditions do not line up horizontally. Anyone with any experience in this matter.

Also, it appears that my G2 is set too high. Any method of judging how they should be set?

Thanks!

Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess Im wondering if my DY is out of Adjustment because of the difference in the horizontal heights of the raster? Meaning, am I going to need to read the voltage to determine if the DY is correct on the tubes -or- is it a given that IF the rasters are out of horizontal alingment that the DY IS out of adjustment?

Finally, should I not bother with the adjustment ( I mean, the picture looks pretty darn good when its focused and converged) and just try to mechanically aling the CRT's. Which, as you know, on a Sony 1271 requires all kinds of Jury Rigging Nonsense...

Thanks!

AJ

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would think that by measuring the position of the crosshairs on the CRTs themselves (by sticking a ruler under the lense) you could determine whether the crosshairs are in the same relative position on the CRTs. If they are the same on the CRTs but different on the screen, then it is a mounting/lense shim problem. If they are in different positions on the screens, then adjusting DY might help. Note that my suggestion probably works for comparing the outside red and blue guns which are mirror images, but since the center green gun is different it might not work to compare its measurements with the others.

-Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.