AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I used to be able to get the Dynamic Range and brighter whites options to show up on my HD 4670 via this tweak. I am on 10.11 for CCC and I have enabled these checkboxes but do NOT see the options anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Taken from http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...497&highlight=
Quote:
I installed Cat 10.2 on my 4850 card, and tweaked in DXVA Checker to have "Brighter Whites" and "Dynamic Range" appear in the CCC.

The "Dynamic Range" works fine for MPEG2 HD content. No use for SD.

The "Brighter Whites", I didn't see any difference between enabled and disabled.

I don't know if above 2 behave the same in 5000 series cards?

I can't make "Video Gamma" appear in the CCC through DXVA Checker - I believe the blank area is for "Video Gamma" - anyone successfully make this option available for 4000 series cards?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have this issue - no dynamic range option in video. Also, the post you referenced no longer has the information/pictures needed to set up DXVA checker in the first place. could someone please repost/help?

many thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo /forum/post/19696988

Isn't dynamic range enhancement bad?

yep I agree, along with the rest of the CCC "enhancements" which distort the original video (edge enhancement etc)

I think I trust the professional equipment and professional filmmakers who spent usually thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours getting the video correct over a $200 dollar card with video processors worth $10's of dollars attempting to improve the original "correct" fimmakers efforts especially with things like "on the go" dynamically changed settings (which introduces flashing to my eyes)

Each to his own I guess tho - IMO tho its better to calibrate your tv properly (then its correct for all movies) then attempt to hide issues with CCC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts