AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to set the dynamic range on my newly purchased 1056.

However, try as I might, I can't get the display to tell me what it is set to. The manual says to simply press 'dyn' on the remote, and the front display shows the status.

I press and nothing happens.

Any owners know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you press "AUD" on the remote before you use "DYN". If the remote is displaying CD/TAPE etc nothig will happen. What does the remote display say when you press DYN?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLVED- I needed to have a 5 channel Dolby Digital source actually playing in order to make the adjustment. My old NAD had the dynamic range right on the setup menu. I guess I need to learn the Rotel way of doing things...

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Does evey other function works ok on the remote? If not try a reset on the remote. Hopefully you don't have it programmed yet.

I will try it out with my Rotel tonight and check if it works as designed. From memory I never had this problem.

BTW one last thing. As per manual "The dynamic range compensation feature is only available in Dolby Digital mode. The setting is ignored with all other types of recordings." Are you playing DD recording when trying this option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.