AVS Forum banner

22401 - 22420 of 47741 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi
I am still hoping to get a reply on my question:

Anyone using the Confidence 1 MK II with a Marantz PM 11? Is the 100w into 8ohms and 200w into 4ohms drive this speaker in a 10 by 15 ft living room?

Thanks
IF I take an educated guess based on the specs and room size I would say yes, The Marantz should be fine

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
So I'd love to try the Naim XS2, but is there anything anyone would suggest for serious consideration in the $2k bracket besides the Naim amp?
Can I please pipe in here, a very very pleasant surprise for me has been T+A based out of Germany, I'm not sure how much their integrated goes for though. Primaire is also worth considering.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Can I please pipe in here, a very very pleasant surprise for me has been T+A based out of Germany, I'm not sure how much their integrated goes for though. Primaire is also worth considering.
You'll see I posted the 1260R which I like a lot, and I was gonna mention primare as my local guy sells them, but idk there just something about there sound I'm not fully into, but the 32 it is a good amp.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
"My name is Garman, and I have been purchase free for 4 months." ::applause:: :p
That lasted a half of a day! Lol I just purchased another pair of speakers from a very reputable U.S. company. I listen too them in a very nice treated room in Milwaukee at a audio dealer. They are currently sitting in my car waiting for transport back home. I will be selling my C2s (mint anyone looking) condition and most likely replacing them with a pair of newer C1 Platinums.

After all this is done, I am taking a long vacation from gear buying!

Reactions: amatuerholic

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
That lasted a half of a day! Lol I just purchased another pair of speakers from a very reputable U.S. company. I listen too them in a very nice treated room in Milwaukee at a audio dealer. They are currently sitting in my car waiting for transport back home. I will be selling my C2s (mint anyone looking) condition and most likely replacing them with a pair of newer C1 Platinums.

After all this is done, I am taking a long vacation from gear buying!
Maggies?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Yes, listening to them was short of breath taking and I pretty much made my mind up with in a matter of the first Song and justified it 3 CDs later. Love Dynaudio and I will most likely sell off the C2s and buy a newer pair of the C1 Platinums or newer 5.4s which has the same tweeter as my Center Channel the SCX, main reason I plan on going to a bigger screen when my room is redone next year. That is pretty much my last gear upgrade, need to have the room (As Borderdog would say) Properly done.... Pretty much jaw dropping what I heard out of the 1.7s today and I have always been a doubter, but that pretty much changed after I heard them.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Rega Elicit-R?
CD you still have the LS50? I see that your logo changed? ;)

amatuerholic: Not that I want to do it, but it has to be done! 3 kids (boys) 6-10 and 14 need to put cash away for them and nest egg for future audio gear once I am done paying off their college! ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

amatuerholic: Not that I want to do it, but it has to be done! 3 kids (boys) 6-10 and 14 need to put cash away for them and nest egg for future audio gear once I am done paying off their college! ;)

Garman...I don't want to distract the group, by talking about anything other than Dynaudio. So I'll PM you. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dynero

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

Garman...I don't want to distract the group, by talking about anything other than Dynaudio. So I'll PM you. :rolleyes:
He got R300s. Someone got all butthurt that we weren't talking exclusively about Dyns here. I would like to know how he thinks they sound, and I'm sure that about 80% of the people here wouldn't care or would enjoy hearing that as well, as long as he doesn't write a 500+ short essay about it, haha. (We all know CD tends to ramble on, and on, and on... and on) :p

Reactions: Dynero

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
He got R300s. Someone got all butthurt that we weren't talking exclusively about Dyns here. I would like to know how he thinks they sound, and I'm sure that about 80% of the people here wouldn't care or would enjoy hearing that as well, as long as he doesn't write a 500+ short essay about it, haha. (We all know CD tends to ramble on, and on, and on... and on) :p

They're great; 'nuff said.

How's that, for short and sweet? :p

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
They're great; 'nuff said.

How's that, for short and sweet? :p
I think that's the most succinct I've ever seen you say, haha. If you do happen to send a commentary to Garman about them, I'd love to see a copy as well :) How's that Oppo unit treating you? I saw you post an earlier comment, but nothing about what features you love or what features you wish it had but didn't.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I think that's the most succinct I've ever seen you say, haha. If you do happen to send a commentary to Garman about them, I'd love to see a copy as well :) How's that Oppo unit treating you? I saw you post an earlier comment, but nothing about what features you love or what features you wish it had but didn't.

See...you want the commentary. ;)

As for the Oppo; I like it just fine. Again...like all Sabre-based designs, it might be too bright/detailed/crisp, for some tastes or systems; but it balances nicely in mine. In addition to the sound...it's built well, I like the display, and the fact that it has a remote app.

Worth an audition, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have no issues taking about other equipment or speakers, but if one is going to post pictures I can see them being only Dynaudio related. I for one love this speaker line and will strive to always keep a pair or pairs in my house. Selling my C2s right now via AudioMart and hope to replace them with a C1 or 5.4. I never been one brand loyal as there is too many good speakers and equipment to choose from!

Question for all, big time Audiogon user and I am curious on why in the hell did they change the way they let you sell? Doesn't make sense, I have to pay $108 to sell a pair of Confidence C2s on their web site and pay up front now. If they don't sell do they at least let you repost the ad? Seems more and more people are using AudioMart as they are not charging you yet. And Ebay Blows! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Audiogon & the love of MONEY

For the new site owners at Audiogon it seems clear that the love of money has phenomenally trumped any love of the hobby. I wish US AudioMart absolute success and use them instead.

CD, interesting note on Sabre DACs. I didn't know that. I'm running an Oppo 105 which I believe helps balance some inherent warmth of the Sapphires. Mark A, Colorado Springs

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yes, listening to them was short of breath taking and I pretty much made my mind up with in a matter of the first Song and justified it 3 CDs later. Love Dynaudio and I will most likely sell off the C2s and buy a newer pair of the C1 Platinums or newer 5.4s which has the same tweeter as my Center Channel the SCX, main reason I plan on going to a bigger screen when my room is redone next year. That is pretty much my last gear upgrade, need to have the room (As Borderdog would say) Properly done.... Pretty much jaw dropping what I heard out of the 1.7s today and I have always been a doubter, but that pretty much changed after I heard them.
:D Congrats on the 1.7's. I know what you mean by jaw dropping. Unbelievable clarity - soundstage and depth. Just way too big for my room. That's what I get with the Raidho D1's without the size plus a much blacker background (and a very light wallet). :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome Congratulations!!

Ive seen both the X34s and X14s but haven't got to listen to them yet. We want to hear your impressions and a list of the gear you're using with them.
It's still going through burn-in process (100 hours according to the dealer) so I don't want to say much. Except that they sound really fantastic! The clarity of the midrange and the tight punch of the bass is way better than my previous MA RX8. Can't wait what will happen after the burn-in. Even my wife is impressed.

My gears are as follows:

Sources ---> Clearaudio Concept TT, Onkyo CDP, and MacBook/Audirvana for hi-res flac files.
Pre/DAC & Power Amps ---> Emotiva XPS-1 Phono Stage, Emotiva Stealth DC-1, and Emotiva XPA-1L high bias (35W Class A) Monos

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
COmusicaddict and lulimet: Thanks for the info, talk about a bunch of bastards! LOL I stuck them on AudioMart for now. So I pay $108 bucks to sell them on Audiogon and get one repost in 30 days? WTF? At least e-bay lately has been reposting the item for you till it sells. If nothing pans out on Audiomart I might try Audiogon, but I am not going too use them much anymore.

22401 - 22420 of 47741 Posts