AVS Forum banner

26201 - 26220 of 48132 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
No I haven't heard the SN2 with Raidho's (only the nap500). But Callas01's friend had the SN2 with Dyn C4 Sigs then upgraded to the Raidho D2's (nothing sounds bad in Callas01's girlfriends room :D:D).

As far as a lot better? Maybe - I say that because some folks will hear Raidho Diamond series and be 'haunted' by the sound signature. Others will like them a lot but can't justify the cost. A few may not even like them. But if your taste is like mine you will be haunted by the sound.

IMO cables should be the final tweak. If your equipment changes the cables may degrade the sound (depends on the cables). In most cases a better cable will usually sound better but if the synergy (musical to detailed or visa versa) changes too much it could be a pretty big problem. IMO again a good middle of the road cable is hard to beat until you finalize a system. Even then the cables will only add a couple to few percents better (but all the percent does add up) ;)
Octa,I'm glad you Are happy with the raidho's.I also agree about cables,I have never heard the"night and day" difference that you sometimes hear about,luckily my dealer lets me demo cables...I don't think I ever returned any though:p

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Octa,I'm glad you Are happy with the raidho's.I also agree about cables,I have never heard the"night and day" difference that you sometimes hear about,luckily my dealer lets me demo cables...I don't think I ever returned any though:p
Well I've just recently upgraded my speaker cables. After putting the new ones in I said nice but no WOW factor. After 1 week I put the originals back. Ok they didn't sound as good but I couldn't really put my finger on it. So I tried something real different. I put one of each cable in. Now I could hear the differences quite easily. Original cables sounded dull grungy and dry (which I never thought while owning them). The new cables have a blacker background - more body and soul to the music meaning a more natural and liquid sound. So I guess when I first swapped the cables I was listening more to the frequency response which was about equal. Tonality was also very similar. After a couple of hours the new cables stayed and the originals were taken out and traded in. At that time I thought to myself there is a wow factor and I really didn't know it just by swapping the pairs.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Well I've just recently upgraded my speaker cables. After putting the new ones in I said nice but no WOW factor. After 1 week I put the originals back. Ok they didn't sound as good but I couldn't really put my finger on it. So I tried something real different. I put one of each cable in. Now I could hear the differences quite easily. Original cables sounded dull grungy and dry (which I never thought while owning them). The new cables have a blacker background - more body and soul to the music meaning a more natural and liquid sound. So I guess when I first swapped the cables I was listening more to the frequency response which was about equal. Tonality was also very similar. After a couple of hours the new cables stayed and the originals were taken out and traded in. At that time I thought to myself there is a wow factor and I really didn't know it just by swapping the pairs.
octa
thanks for the idea...i am going to try using one of each cable like you did.
the nice thing about the supernait 2 is you have a balance control right on the front panel.
should tell me what i think im hearing:D

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
George: I been doing the same thing with speakers for the last couple of weeks. ;) Scansonics/Dynaudio and Magnepans. Love the sound of all these speakers, they are different but all very good too excellent. The Magnepans seem to put up the biggest soundstage with buttery liquid smooth sound to them, very natural and open. Now I know why they get so many good reviews and most people selling them are usually upgrading them. The C2 Platinums sound very accurate and the most balanced out of the bunch, funny thing is when you switch back and forth from the C2 too the 2.5 your ears have to re-adjust because they are so different sounding. If I had to rate them based on What "I" like it would go:

Dynaudio C2
Magnepans 1.7
Scansonic 2.5

Any of these speakers would make anyone happy, just not sure if I am going to keep 3 floor standers. I might move the 2.5 upstairs, and again I would welcome to try a pair of Raidho out in my home to compare. Hard too do with Tyler living in Chicago. ;)

Ironically the 1.7s are that good and less expensive and made in White Bear Lake MN! ;) Listening to them now, via London Grammar HD File. :D Using Nordost Heimdall2/Blue Heaven/Red Dawn and some other cables as well. No really big differences to report as the speakers swapping makes much more of a difference. ;) lol

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
George: I been doing the same thing with speakers for the last couple of weeks. ;) Scansonics/Dynaudio and Magnepans. Love the sound of all these speakers, they are different but all very good too excellent. The Magnepans seem to put up the biggest soundstage with buttery liquid smooth sound to them, very natural and open. Now I know why they get so many good reviews and most people selling them are usually upgrading them. The C2 Platinums sound very accurate and the most balanced out of the bunch, funny thing is when you switch back and forth from the C2 too the 2.5 your ears have to re-adjust because they are so different sounding. If I had to rate them based on What "I" like it would go:

Dynaudio C2
Magnepans 1.7
Scansonic 2.5

Any of these speakers would make anyone happy, just not sure if I am going to keep 3 floor standers. I might move the 2.5 upstairs, and again I would welcome to try a pair of Raidho out in my home to compare. Hard too do with Tyler living in Chicago. ;)

Ironically the 1.7s are that good and less expensive and made in White Bear Lake MN! ;) Listening to them now, via London Grammar HD File. :D Using Nordost Heimdall2/Blue Heaven/Red Dawn and some other cables as well. No really big differences to report as the speakers swapping makes much more of a difference. ;) lol
Hi garman
Any chance you could post some pics of your little shootout?Im curious as to how big those magnepans are compared to th other 2.
Also, could you give a little info on the size of the room they seem to work best in.if it's too much trouble...no problem:)

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
no quarter: Here are some pics I will post dimensions tonight. All speakers are great, and I want to keep them all... but just can't justify it since my listening lately is cut down quite a bit because of kids sports and work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
no quarter: Here are some pics I will post dimensions tonight. All speakers are great, and I want to keep them all... but just can't justify it since my listening lately is cut down quite a bit because of kids sports and work.
Great pics garman,thanks...the mags would be too big for my room,the scan sonics
Might be perfect size ,very sexy look to them,I'm sure the c2s will stay in the end.
We're you using the music fidelity for the shootout?a little f.y.i.,my dealer told me today that the focus line is being discontinued...and the contour line will be updated.thats all he knows for now but I bet there's some truth to it:cool:

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Not sure about the Focus line as that been stated before on here and disproved. It could be the other way around, not sure yet.The Scans are decent speakers, I just like the Dynaudio sound better, but if you think the Scanonics are sexy you should see the Raidho's, those are very sexy.

Reactions: no quarter

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Great pics garman,thanks...the mags would be too big for my room,the scan sonics
Might be perfect size ,very sexy look to them,I'm sure the c2s will stay in the end.
We're you using the music fidelity for the shootout?a little f.y.i.,my dealer told me today that the focus line is being discontinued...and the contour line will be updated.thats all he knows for now but I bet there's some truth to it:cool:
I was reading a review of the Focus line and they were talking about the Focus being their biggest sales maker since the 220/140/110s came out. Sad to think they'd drop them.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was reading a review of the Focus line and they were talking about the Focus being their biggest sales maker since the 220/140/110s came out. Sad to think they'd drop them.
I think we will all have to wait until CEDIA in September to see what will be the changes to the Dynaudio product offerings. Until then, it is all guesswork... ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the Focus line does indeed get discontinued, I think it'll be in name only. I'm sure something similar will get created/merged into an existing lineup. One thing for certain: New models (floorstanders) will have footers.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If the Focus line does indeed get discontinued, I think it'll be in name only. I'm sure something similar will get created/merged into an existing lineup. One thing for certain: New models (floorstanders) will have footers.
Yes,my dealer said he thinks a moniter the 160s size would be added to the excite line...only speculation though.In my opinion the focus 160 is something really special:)

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Great speakers as well, and KEFs!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The thing I like about "neat"...the company founders/engineers are actual musicians.Kinda like Jack Nicklaus designing golf courses...makes sense to me:cool:Those Xls have that expensive dedicated stand like your kef's cd.i wonder If Mr Softdome got his system delivered yet ?... And how do they compare to his old c1 set- up:p

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Today is an all day marathon of Death Cab for Cutie.... why.... we are going to go see them tomorrow in concert, so I want to touch up on all their songs again... Mostly from the new album, since I only know 4 songs off this album, but I know both Plans, Narrow Stairs and Codes and Keys very well. One of the wifes favorite bands, and one I like a lot as well.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
The thing I like about "neat"...the company founders/engineers are actual musicians.Kinda like Jack Nicklaus designing golf courses...makes sense to me:cool:Those Xls have that expensive dedicated stand like your kef's cd.i wonder If Mr Softdome got his system delivered yet ?... And how do they compare to his old c1 set- up:p
Yeah, I think Rick is set. I...OTOH...am still waiting for the custom Sound Anchor stands :(

I'd be really PO'd...if I didn't have the fabulous 26s to keep me company :)

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
26201 - 26220 of 48132 Posts