AVS Forum banner

28521 - 28540 of 47984 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on maintaining the shine on the piano lacquer? Cheers
When I had my C1 Sig's and even now with the D2's I use Meguires next tech car wax. It's just wax (not a cleaner wax) and leaves no swirl marks. Liquid Ice from Turtle wax works good according to my dealer. I also sometimes use a quick detailer from Meguires or Mothers Show Time. Always use a micro fiber cloth only.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on maintaining the shine on the piano lacquer? Cheers
Canned Air first then just wipe them off with a Microfiber cloth slightly damp.. I avoid wiping them off if they are dusty, first the air then the cloth, keeps them from getting scratches.....

On another note has anyone heard the new Xeo2, thinking about a pair for my office, although I just heard the Excite X14A just won a couple of awards for best of sound via Golden Ear magazine..

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Where can you find the MSRP/Street Price's on the Dynaudio's?

You know this is crazy! Every time I think I'm set on a speaker that I'm going to get, I decide that I want to audition another brand....the wife thinks I'm crazy, but I just have to listen to every brand I can just so I'm sure I'm getting the best speaker for the money!

AM
If someone is inetersted in a bundle....PM

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
On another note has anyone heard the new Xeo2, thinking about a pair for my office, although I just heard the Excite X14A just won a couple of awards for best of sound via Golden Ear magazine..
I have owned the Xeo-2's, with connect for about 2 months now, I have to say these speakers are remarkable. To quote you "they sound great to my ears" I am waiting for the stands, they are on back order. Do not hesitate, buy now. Great little speaker. Here is a quick picture, please excuse the messy room, under renovation.

IMG_0612.jpg

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
I have owned the Xeo-2's, with connect for about 2 months now, I have to say these speakers are remarkable. To quote you "they sound great to my ears" I am waiting for the stands, they are on back order. Do not hesitate, buy now. Great little speaker. Here is a quick picture, please excuse the messy room, under renovation.

View attachment 1345050
Thanks for the update, setup looks simplistic and cool... With the Connect can you stream from iTunes to them? Actually I can just run out of my Musical Fidelity Dac to them and should be good to go! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
That room looks like a high roller$ house!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the update, setup looks simplistic and cool... With the Connect can you stream from iTunes to them? Actually I can just run out of my Musical Fidelity Dac to them and should be good to go! Thanks for the info!
I use the connect to my Naim Userve to access all my music. Yes, you can use your DAC.

That room looks like a high roller$ house!
Yea right. Thanx, I think.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Right, so I pulled the trigger and ordered XD200. How much better (percentage wise) guys would you say it is than Xeo 4?
I would say 333% :D

But seriously, given the speaker's size and frequency range, as well as amplification power differences, I would say that you have a true full-range bookshelf vs the XEO4, which is based on a smaller speaker with limitations due to physics.

Reactions: Mille Ferrari

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Right, so I pulled the trigger and ordered XD200. How much better (percentage wise) guys would you say it is than Xeo 4?
Congrats on the xd 200 purchase,i really can't give you a percentage number because i have only heard the xeo 3,and that was at my dealer for about an hour of LOW volume listening while we chatted.Now the xd 200,i had at home for 2 weeks,and i was really impressed with them,so i ordered the xd 600's.At the time of my demo(200's) i still had the most recent version of the focus 160 in my 2 channel set up,with my current,Naim Supernait 2,High cap dr and Unitiqute 2 into Chord Hugo as a source.Sound wise the 2 were roughly equal,but the xd 200's were able to play LOUDER when i pushed them to full volume,the 160's would POP(hit their limit)when i really cranked them up.I don't know if you like music as loud as i do,but if you do,the xd's are a great choice...when you get them ,the settings on the back will be at the zero setting(neutral)...make sure you try them at plus 6 decibel's,they will go much louder.Also you can up the treble to plus/minus one decibel,so with it set at treble plus one and the other switch at plus 6 db's...they will be very dynamic and not be over-driven,just be sure to play good quality flac files(not mp3's) into them,and use digital/analog cables to hear their FULL potential,i am sure you will be very happy with them.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Have a line on a Parasound P3 for a great price. I already have the A23 amp for my Focus 160's. Get the P3 for a great price at 250 or hold out for the P5? The P5 has the DAC and bass management but would be around 900ish. Yes, Money an issue. LOL..

Thanks...
Did you buy the P3 or decide to wait?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I was just over on the JL Audio website...Holy Smokes,there is now a version 2 of all their Fathom Subs,the 112's that I have are now 6100 Canadian dollars each,up over 2 grand,didn't realize I was sitting on a gold mine here,at least the Dynaudio prices seem to be the same,for now:eek::eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on the xd 200 purchase,i really can't give you a percentage number because i have only heard the xeo 3,and that was at my dealer for about an hour of LOW volume listening while we chatted.Now the xd 200,i had at home for 2 weeks,and i was really impressed with them,so i ordered the xd 600's.At the time of my demo(200's) i still had the most recent version of the focus 160 in my 2 channel set up,with my current,Naim Supernait 2,High cap dr and Unitiqute 2 into Chord Hugo as a source.Sound wise the 2 were roughly equal,but the xd 200's were able to play LOUDER when i pushed them to full volume,the 160's would POP(hit their limit)when i really cranked them up.I don't know if you like music as loud as i do,but if you do,the xd's are a great choice...when you get them ,the settings on the back will be at the zero setting(neutral)...make sure you try them at plus 6 decibel's,they will go much louder.Also you can up the treble to plus/minus one decibel,so with it set at treble plus one and the other switch at plus 6 db's...they will be very dynamic and not be over-driven,just be sure to play good quality flac files(not mp3's) into them,and use digital/analog cables to hear their FULL potential,i am sure you will be very happy with them.

Thanks for chipping in! I got the impression most of the people were impressed with XD600s and not much by XD200s. Since I was looking for bookshelf speakers, I thought to myself I wouldn't probably find anything better than XD200 in that category.

Regarding volume, yeah I'm the same. This is going to be my revenge in my own special way against my loud obnoxious neighbors upstairs!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I was just over on the JL Audio website...Holy Smokes,there is now a version 2 of all their Fathom Subs,the 112's that I have are now 6100 Canadian dollars each,up over 2 grand,didn't realize I was sitting on a gold mine here,at least the Dynaudio prices seem to be the same,for now:eek::eek:
Dyn prices still went up look 1300US for X-14 and use to be 1400 CND now 1800CND

As for the JL yeah it's insane, I own th F113 V1 and I had a demo price on it then prices went up on V1 from 4400 to 5590 and now V2 is like 7400, imagine I got demo price for the floor model in mint condition when retail was like 4400 for it but 2 weeks after retail went up to 5590 so imagine how good of a deal I got for it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks for chipping in! I got the impression most of the people were impressed with XD600s and not much by XD200s. Since I was looking for bookshelf speakers, I thought to myself I wouldn't probably find anything better than XD200 in that category.
My preferred desktop speaker :cool:

28521 - 28540 of 47984 Posts