AVS Forum banner

28541 - 28560 of 47741 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
My preferred desktop speaker :cool:

@Otto J, Oh my! I didn't know they were SO big! :) I want to thank Dynaudio for creating this new line. You're not only pushing the boundaries with this product, but in a way you're also creating a new trend. Given how well it was met with the public, I hope other manufacturers will follow the suit. There's no reason wireless audio should be synonymous with bad to average SQ anymore.

By the way, I spoke with one of the guys from Dynaudio just recently. I asked whether or not they were going to introduce a wireless version of Confidence line in the future, and he said although there were no plans to make it wireless yet, their recent active wireless products have been very successful, so expanding this technology will be considered for future products.

ps Is that the Xeo 4 standing next Focus XD?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Dyn prices still went up look 1300US for X-14 and use to be 1400 CND now 1800CND

As for the JL yeah it's insane, I own th F113 V1 and I had a demo price on it then prices went up on V1 from 4400 to 5590 and now V2 is like 7400, imagine I got demo price for the floor model in mint condition when retail was like 4400 for it but 2 weeks after retail went up to 5590 so imagine how good of a deal I got for it.
JL has lost their minds. They were at one time my favorite company for amps / subs. Not so much now. Their long term support is abysmal. They will not even re foam one generation old subs. Spending thousands on anything they make is a huge gamble.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Are they XD200s on the desk? They look really tall and deep (understand that they are on stands, however seem even bigger than Focus 160).
Lens distortion in the camera maybe, they are 1 cm taller than the Focus 160, same width and depth. The speaker next to it in the picture is an X14A.

I don't think they work well with such restrained placement?
Depends on your definition of "work well" I guess... Better than any other of our home audio products, although one of the nearfield monitors from our pro lineup might work better (I wouldn't be too sure though). However, I'm not actually using them for any serious kind of listening, only a bit of background music, testing Hubs/Connects etc. I have a bunch of speakers that I swap between as necessary, they just happened to be sitting there when the picture was taken, and I was trying to be coy :) There's no doubt the Focus 200 XD deserves a better setup than this, if they are to be used seriously.

Luckily I have the listening rooms to my disposal if I want to do any actual listening ;-)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Excite X18

How would the Excite X18 work as the surrounds in a Home Theater set-up? I am running 3 C1 Platinum's across the front.

Looking for recommendations.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
How would the Excite X18 work as the surrounds in a Home Theater set-up? I am running 3 C1 Platinum's across the front.

I'm sure they would work great but a bit overkill maybe. Why not X14 or something from the Emit line?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

The excite 18 is a fairly new speaker,that not too many here have heard I would think...I believe one guy bought a pair but can't remember who.i use the excite 12 and Neat Iota's for my surround channels,seem to be all I need...at one time I used focus 160's as surrounds,with the excite's...seemed like such a waste,unless listening to SACD's or DVD audio's,which I don't listen to very often.My hometheater is fairly small in size too,if you have a large room the excite 18 might be needed,in the end,I couldn't justify having a 3000 dollar speaker for surround duty,so I moved them upstairs and started a separate 2 channel room:)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
My opinion is if you're going to spend $1200 on the X14s or $1800 on X18 and you have the money and the power amps to drive the 3 C1s and a pair of X18s, then buy the X18s! Cross all the speakers over at 60 HZ to a pair of good subs, that system would rock!!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Well...I said I'd save, my 10,000th post; only for something special.

What do you think; do these qualify?

Only if they are yours. :p

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

What do you think; do these qualify? :D

Those are beautiful CD,so you reached 10,000...is this the end of the road?Are you going to leave us wondering if these c2's kicked the PMC's to the curb?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My opinion is if you're going to spend $1200 on the X14s or $1800 on X18 and you have the money and the power amps to drive the 3 C1s and a pair of X18s, then buy the X18s! Cross all the speakers over at 60 HZ to a pair of good subs, that system would rock!!
That is what I am talking about!! Go for it!!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts

What do you think; do these qualify? :D

Still one of my favorites of course! :D

·
Registered
7,718 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I love Tidal. Hope it makes it. Great way to discover music. I get to listen to tons of music I would probably never purchase with a blind buy.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Will not affect me Garman,like you,all my music is stored on hard drives...and Internet radio is free,so to speak...radio paradise is all I need;)
I am with you, I have most of my music on hard drives as well and it is in my control... ;) Just thought the Tidal play wasn't played out very well by the Artist that got involved, sounds like most subscribers will be moved over to Google Play....

Spurrier: There are other programs that you don't have to subscribe to where you can discover new music without paying for it. I did like Tidals layout, but they didn't market it very well, that is for sure.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/04/01/exclusive-jay-z-announcing-tidal-shutdown-google-billion-acquisition-april-1-tomfoolery/

Back on the Dynaudio topic: So CD did you buy a pair? ;)

28541 - 28560 of 47741 Posts