AVS Forum banner

32441 - 32460 of 47732 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
OK, the collectible car is a bad analogy. I should have used....boat. You know, those things which are a hole in the water that you throw money into. Few of those accrue any value but suck up money and everyone wants to go for a ride. Not everyone wants to hear your system cranked up to it's sweet spot, and fewer still appreciate the same things about that we do. At least the guy with the boat gets a pass because it's fun for almost all. We don't because they can buy a "record player and radio" for under a hunert bucks that "sounds just as good to me."

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
How does that equate to expensive? I guess your "assuming its expensive" Sure Aaron can build expensive stands, all depends on your perspective on it.. But mine is hand built/custom built and it's his new less expensive Kanso line. I mentioned expensive cables, but didn't see anything pertaining to my stand being expensive. ;) So I guess we are ok to assume something is expensive! ;) LOL Maybe we should start talking about the doing double blind test with Amps and most people couldn't tell the difference between your H360 and a Medium of the road NAD... :D lol

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
callas01: I think those would look better with a black baffle! I am not liking the wood grain on the walnut, so those are out for me.. Black ones or White with a black baffle would be nice.. ;)

Reactions: no quarter

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
callas01: I think those would look better with a black baffle! I am not liking the wood grain on the walnut, so those are out for me.. Black ones or White with a black baffle would be nice.. ;)
You see now why I like white so much,the finish looks spectacular,and I agree that it would look better with a black baffle.The first video actually sounds damn good too...or it might be because I am listening on my I-pad through my Hugo.:D

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I was looking at the white fit n' finish, I thought it looked really sharp! The wood ones were harder to see, but that was more just for listening too them. Which thru my iPhone's crap speaker sounded nice! Lol

Reactions: BigAl87

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was looking at the white fit n' finish, I thought it looked really sharp! The wood ones were harder to see, but that was more just for listening too them. Which thru my iPhone's crap speaker sounded nice! Lol
lol yeah sounded good for an i-phone didn't it? lol

sounded pretty decent through my office setup with the Wadia Power dac mini and the x-18 ;)

Reactions: no quarter

·
Banned
125 Posts
I am not going to speak for Garman,but some people just like collecting different audio gear,for example car collectors have garages full of different classics,and on any given day,they might feel like driving the 67 Yenko Camaro and on other days,it could be the E-type Jag.I for one plan on collecting various different monitors for my 2 channel room in the future...different strokes.
A car will drive you across the country, and as someone else stated, also has the chance to increase in value. Audio equipment sits and collects dust until technology advancements make it worth almost nothing....with a few exceptions.

How does that equate to expensive? I guess your "assuming its expensive" Sure Aaron can build expensive stands, all depends on your perspective on it.. But mine is hand built/custom built and it's his new less expensive Kanso line. I mentioned expensive cables, but didn't see anything pertaining to my stand being expensive. ;) So I guess we are ok to assume something is expensive! ;) LOL Maybe we should start talking about the doing double blind test with Amps and most people couldn't tell the difference between your H360 and a Medium of the road NAD... :D lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Biggest dealer of Dynaudio here sells both Hegel and Naim as well as Cary which is also a good match with Dyns. Dynaudio said it they want their speaker to work with many amplifiers, I am sure they would pair well with Accuphase and several other brands. Sugden is great with them if anyone wishes to use dual monos winter amplifiers that will run you in the 5 figures
I would say many amps from different brand will work well with Dynaudio. Different countries many hype different combinations, I have seem suggestions like Gryphon, Bladelius, Densen, Ayre, Audio Research, Deviant, OCTAVE, etc. I even seen NAD D3020 suggestions. Well, D3020 won't work with 4ohm speakers like my Focus 110, I tried it. But I think entry level bookshelf like X14, dm2/6 and Emit M20 may work. I did hear Luxman with X14 and it sounds good, so I think Accuphase will work well with Dynaudio too.

Of course amps from different companies will have different signatures, it is just apples and oranges.

·
Banned
125 Posts
@shample:

What's up with that attitude of yours? Seems to me you're trying to pick a fight all the time. Relax, man :) We're all just here to share our love for great audio after all, right?
I'm not taking any more of this guys ssshhhh. He just got his panties in a bunch because I made a light hearted joke about his audio stand, and for some reason now wants to argue about it's cost. No one cares what it cost him.

Not to be rude, but please try to police others as well if you think you have the right to police me.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
I'm not taking any more of this guys ssshhhh. He just got his panties in a bunch because I made a light hearted joke about his audio stand, and for some reason now wants to argue about it's cost. No one cares what it cost him.

Not to be rude, but please try to police others as well if you think you have the right to police me.
Hey you started the dumb argument, so I gave you some of your ssshhhh right back to you! Sarcasm is good for the soul, are you still looking for yours? :D As stated your assuming I paid a lot for my stand and compared to other cheap stands, this wasn't the case, we all know where arguments go based off of assumptions. Plus you go on to attack a former member you know nothing about, nor what type of work he does or what type of business he runs. What the hell do you expect when you start off a sentence with " Just for Arguments sake" if you come into a forum and all you do is want to argue with people, you should expect these types of sarcastic replies, yet you can't handle them. Hell you can't even take a joke about all Amps sounding the same! :D Now go pay for some good expensive cables, and make that system of yours sound better! ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Also,no offence Shample,but he did not think taking my Naim fraim shelves to an auto body shop was a good idea...his reasoning was that they paint steel,not wood.
I know someone who tried this; and he said the results were a disaster!

Luckily, it was not his "main" pair of speakers or anything; it was a DIY box he was toying with.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am sure they would pair well with Accuphase and several other brands. Sugden is great with them if anyone wishes to use dual monos winter amplifiers that will run you in the 5 figures ;)

Saw this guy with dual Sugden Monos, Those most heat up that room like there's no tomorrow.
What doesn't sound great...with class-A goodness? ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Reactions: Garman

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Love the Sound of Class A amps indeed :)
I know you plan on using the Bryston amp with the Contours,or possibly something new...but it would be interesting to try your Sugden amp on them too,and relay your thoughts.;)

32441 - 32460 of 47732 Posts