AVS Forum banner

32741 - 32760 of 47739 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Ah, thanks! :)

I just realize what went wrong for me btw! No quarter, you wrote: "then you convert Canadian to American money and you get 8.848.00"
I read that as 8848 American money, i.e. 8848 US dollars.
Then I checked how much that is in Danish kroner and thought to myself, "holy cow, those grey oak C20's can't be THAT expensive, not even in Canada!" :):cool:

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up, amatuerholic :)
Well, it's not so much for the up-charge as I thought it was going to be... Gray Oak flooring is trending these days and doing this type of finish isn't easy as some may think..There is a lot of time and effort on getting it right, I will most likely get a pair as I have been selling extra stuff off I don't use and been putting some money aside for a new Int. Amp that just arrived this morning! :D The C20's are high on my list and most likely the last pair of speakers I buy for some time. I still have a Hegel H100 to sell, and I even might try a less expensive Int. Amp out that another member recommended, if I go that route I might have the money sooner than later.

Reactions: amatuerholic

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Well, it's not so much for the up-charge as I thought it was going to be... Gray Oak flooring is trending these days and doing this type of finish isn't easy as some may think..There is a lot of time and effort on getting it right, I will most likely get a pair as I have been selling extra stuff off I don't use and been putting some money aside for a new Int. Amp that just arrived this morning! :D The C20's are high on my list and most likely the last pair of speakers I buy for some time. I still have a Hegel H100 to sell, and I even might try a less expensive Int. Amp out that another member recommended, if I go that route I might have the money sooner than later.
WOW,i guess i was ahead of the trend/times...i had a house built in 2002 and had gray hardwood throughout the upper level,except kitchen,bathroom,and bedrooms.Unfortunately when the recession hit in 2007 i lost that house,but life goes on.:)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
So 5.750,00 for the gray oak c 20's plus tax of 15 percent here in Canada.then you convert Canadian to American money and you get 8.848.00...not so cheap any more,same price as my old c1 mk 11's...5.000 sounded good for a while.:D I think i will wait.
I was told my price would be close to 12K Canadian for the 30 7500*1.35 in Canadian *1.1 (10% premium on the gloss Black) brings the total to $11 137 * 1.15 in taxes for a grand total of $12 808. Ouch!

·
Registered
251 Posts
No problem, even though I got beat by no quarter, haha.
Ah! Sorry no quarter, I didn't realize - there were too many numbers in too little space in that post of yours, so I kind of just skimmed through it thinking "I'm too tired to read that right now!" :):):)

Hey I'm just a dumb non-native English speaker, please bear with me! :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I was told my price would be close to 12K Canadian for the 30 7500*1.35 in Canadian *1.1 (10% premium on the gloss Black) brings the total to $11 137 * 1.15 in taxes for a grand total of $12 808. Ouch!
If it makes you feel any better,my price for my xd 600's(in Canadian) was more than that:eek:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ah! Sorry no quarter, I didn't realize - there were too many numbers in too little space in that post of yours, so I kind of just skimmed through it thinking "I'm too tired to read that right now!" :):):)

Hey I'm just a dumb non-native English speaker, please bear with me! :)
I think you fare much better than I could ever hope to on a Danish thread :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If it makes you feel any better,my price for my xd 600's(in Canadian) was more than that:eek:
Yeah but the XD-600 is more than just a passive speaker ;)

·
Banned
125 Posts
So 5.750,00 for the gray oak c 20's plus tax of 15 percent here in Canada.then you convert Canadian to American money and you get 8.848.00...not so cheap any more,same price as my old c1 mk 11's...5.000 sounded good for a while.:D I think i will wait.
I'd agree. Wait a few months and I'm sure a used/demo set of C30 will pop up for sale for less than what those C20's will cost you. You'll get the better speaker for less.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
WOW,i guess i was ahead of the trend/times...i had a house built in 2002 and had gray hardwood throughout the upper level,except kitchen,bathroom,and bedrooms.Unfortunately when the recession hit in 2007 i lost that house,but life goes on.:)
LOL, it making a come back I guess! Heck the Holiday Inn I recently was at had Gray Oak Floors in it..

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think you guys should get the 60s......... these are cheaper when you buy in Bulk :D

They seem like a good deal on a per lb basis

·
Banned
125 Posts
Isn't gloss black a standard color? They shouldn't be charging you more for it.

LOL, it making a come back I guess! Heck the Holiday Inn I recently was at had Gray Oak Floors in it..
Personally, I've always hated oak grain pattern. However, gray oak floors do look nice.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts

Personally, I've always hated oak grain pattern. However, gray oak floors do look nice.
I am with you on Oak, the gray Oak does look good though.. If they had them in white with a black baffle I would be all over those, need to hear them first before anything happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi folks! I've recently moved to NYC from Australia and had to leave my Confidence C1s back home. I'm desperate for a decent sound system less than $2k and I auditioned the Xeo 2s given my lack of space in my apartment and it was disappointing - boomy bass.

Would the Xeo 4s be any better? Or should I buy an X14A and hook it up to an external DAC? Any suggestions on getting that smooth Dynaudio sound for low volume listening would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Hi folks! I've recently moved to NYC from Australia and had to leave my Confidence C1s back home. I'm desperate for a decent sound system less than $2k and I auditioned the Xeo 2s given my lack of space in my apartment and it was disappointing - boomy bass.

Would the Xeo 4s be any better? Or should I buy an X14A and hook it up to an external DAC? Any suggestions on getting that smooth Dynaudio sound for low volume listening would be much appreciated.
Mal: I had pair of Xeo2 and never experienced boomy bass, did you make sure that the switches on the bottom of the speaker where switched for how they are suppose to be placed? That can play a huge role on how they sound! Did you use Dynaudio Stands or a different stand? I found my Primacoustic stands sounded better than the stands they sell, but I wanted more bass so maybe I would give them a try.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/04/punch-a-higher-floor-with-the-dynaudio-xeo-2/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

No High Gloss Piano finish is a premium of 10%

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
...I auditioned the Xeo 2s given my lack of space in my apartment and it was disappointing - boomy bass.
Would you mind describing where in the room you placed your speakers, the room dimensions, and what you had them sitting on? (Bookshelf vs stands vs wall-mounted can all greatly affect the sound, much less putting them in a corner or against a wall)

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
No High Gloss Piano finish is a premium of 10%
According the Dedicated Audio site they are not. Grey Oak and Gloss Rosewood are.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
According the Dedicated Audio site they are not. Grey Oak and Gloss Rosewood are.
Wow glad to learn that :) I know at some point it was mentioned somewhere it would be an upgrade. Thanks John!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
If anyone has not been to the Dyn site lately,check it out...the Contour series now has every color available for all 3 models,with and without grills,and you get a front,back,side,top and ISO view...so you get a better picture of what exactly it will look like in each color...damn the gloss white is nice.😛

32741 - 32760 of 47739 Posts