AVS Forum banner

32821 - 32840 of 47984 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
For my X14A to run the RCA cables to them from my pre-amp, what product do you recommend? Is the below cable "splittable" (like you can tear them apart) since the speakers will be about 6 foot apart? Or should I get two separate subwoofer cables?
It's really preference-based as the cable below looks splittable from the pictures I saw. You could always buy two cables and use electrical tape or something similar to keep it together for the first bit as well.

I hope you plan to get the longer cables since that'll make it easier for you to adjust speaker placement if the need arises.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
For my X14A to run the RCA cables to them from my pre-amp, what product do you recommend? Is the below cable "splittable" (like you can tear them apart) since the speakers will be about 6 foot apart? Or should I get two separate subwoofer cables?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-2-Male-RCA-Audio-Cable/dp/B01D5H8PQ0/ref=sr_1_16?srs=2587744011&ie=UTF8&qid=1478534668&sr=8-16&keywords=rca+cable
Well that would probably work,as in get sound from your speaker,i use Nordost Heimdall 11 (4 meter lengths) with my xd 600's.Do you really want to put something so cheap on such a nice speaker,oh no,not another all cables sound the same debate.:eek::D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well that would probably work,as in get sound from your speaker,i use Nordost Heimdall 11 (4 meter lengths) with my xd 600's.Do you really want to put something so cheap on such a nice speaker,oh no,not another all cables sound the same debate.:eek::D
Wouldn't pure silver be a better conductor, cost less, and maintain value better than the Nordost cables?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok spoke to my dealer and he's going to send me two interconnects from CableTruth. I've never actually been able to tell the difference between interconnects and speaker cables even with my C1s back home, only when the speaker ends get oxidized and then you cut/strip the ends again and it sounds much better!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I moved most of my audio gear this weekend. My brother and I are getting pretty efficient at crating and uncrating the c4s. Between those and LPs/CDs.....it seems tempting to replace it all with a pair of xeo2s and a tidal subscription. That is probably just the sore back talking.

I like to order interconnects and wire from blue jeans cable. I am in the cables are a commodity group, but I still don't like to put ultra cheap cables in my system. I try not to buy harbor freight tools as well even though they are fine for some jobs.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Ok spoke to my dealer and he's going to send me two interconnects from CableTruth. I've never actually been able to tell the difference between interconnects and speaker cables even with my C1s back home, only when the speaker ends get oxidized and then you cut/strip the ends again and it sounds much better!
They look well made and not too expensive.... Thats all you need....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Went to our local dealer and they just got both a C20 and C30, last Friday, so I don't think they are broken in yet, but they sounded great. They were driving them with Simaudio. I will be ordering the C30 once they can figure out lead times and stuff. My plan is to drive them with Parasound Halo, should have enough amps to drive them nicely. Satin Walnut will be our finish choice. AudioVision in San Fransisco is the place.

David.
Yeah this is my dealer and the place is also a candy store with more speakers than I have seen under one roof for your listening pleasure. Did you put the C's against other speakers in house or did you decide on the Contour on the spot?

Rick

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Yeah this is my dealer and the place is also a candy store with more speakers than I have seen under one roof for your listening pleasure. Did you put the C's against other speakers in house or did you decide on the Contour on the spot?

Rick
My local dealer,who is now closed,always demo'd speakers with Simaudio separates and Nordost Odin speaker cables...unless you asked to hear something different.That was kind of his go to combo,that worked really well to my ears,I know you have Simaudio amps Rick,I have heard others say they are too clinical or bright,but I never heard that,always sounded real nice.I am sure the Contours would match up well with Sim.;)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I moved most of my audio gear this weekend. My brother and I are getting pretty efficient at crating and uncrating the c4s. Between those and LPs/CDs.....it seems tempting to replace it all with a pair of xeo2s and a tidal subscription. That is probably just the sore back talking.

I like to order interconnects and wire from blue jeans cable. I am in the cables are a commodity group, but I still don't like to put ultra cheap cables in my system. I try not to buy harbor freight tools as well even though they are fine for some jobs.
At least you had help, I uncrated and setup my C4's all by myself...

·
Registered
32 Posts

Rick
I did not compare them to any other speakers as I have done that in the past there. You can spend a lot of time there. I listened to both the C20 and C30. The C20 seemed to be more broken in. But the C30 just checked all of the boxes on my list. The other mains we were considering were the Paradigm Signature S8, also a very nice speaker, but the imaging just isn't there.

David.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Yonson: I did the same with my C4's, had zero help and they had to go in the basement.... :eek: Then after 3 months found out they where not going to work (too big) and had to sell them and swap them out for a pair of C2's. Had those for 10 years then upgraded them... Third time I asked friend to help me lift them back into crates! ;)

Last Picture, is that you George helping deliver some Raidho's? ;)

Attachments

Reactions: yonson

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yep. You don't heavy until you try moving some D5's in the crates. Have to ask John what he thinks the empty crates weigh. He helped move the complete but empty crates into the back of a pick up truck. BTW they are just over 360Lbs (165KG):eek:

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Yep. You don't heavy until you try moving some D5's in the crates. Have to ask John what he thinks the empty crates weigh. He helped move the complete but empty crates into the back of a pick up truck. BTW they are just over 360Lbs (165KG):eek:

360lbs is a lot, but at least you had help! ;) Another reason I like monitors at times....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You are with out question more of a manly man than me. I can barely move the crates by myself empty. They arnt heavy but they are so huge and awkward.
Nahh, I didn't get home from picking them up at John's until late and I wanted them up and running so I just tackled it by myself. Hehe, yeah they are definitely not small. Getting them up the stairs was a bit difficult but luckily there were only 4. Uncrating them wasn't too hard either I just set them on their ends and walked them out. Uncrating the Evidence center was by far more difficult because it had to come straight up.

32821 - 32840 of 47984 Posts