AVS Forum banner

32841 - 32860 of 47741 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Anyone try this site? I have had some good luck with your non-main stream music and their are some gems hidden in here..... "Diane Birch" for one and Geographer another decent bad I heard in San Fran years ago...

https://audiotree.tv/sessions/

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi folks, ok I got my pair of X14As and they sound great! It's funny how the Dynaudio sound is so similar, from the C1 down.

So my only problem thus far is that I tend to listen at low volumes and the "auto on" feature doesn't actually engage until I turn up the volume enough! Really annoying. What might be the power consumption just leaving them on all the time? Being Class D amps can't imagine it'd be that much?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does anyone here have a link to the Impedance Curve of the Focus 160?

I know Stereophile reviewed it, but unless I am crazy, I can't find Atkinson's measurements.

I'm curious to see the curve because I'm wondering if the impedance ever drops below 4. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
The review was in Sam Tellig's column, not a full review with measurements.

The specification is 4 ohms. Assuming it's like most Dynaudio 4 ohm speakers I've seen measured, the minimum impedance is around 4 ohms in the upper bass, which rises to around 8 ohms in the upper midrange and treble. And the impedance is most reactive in the mid bass where the impedance is 5-6 ohms.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
OT: Hey Red MC, is that bike a Ducati MH1000e, the limited edition Mickey Hailwood tribute bike?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nah, nothing that cool or collectible. Just a run of the mill Multistrada 1100S. I love it though.

Reactions: macddmac and hbjdk

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Ah, the earlier models. Styling cues right off the MH1000e though. At least it's not the current look that I refer to as "praying mantis" styling. Nice bike. I ride a 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 ABS "roadie."

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Coming from a life-long rider; I like it.
Yes,that is a cool bike,I owned a 1991 fat boy for 8 years,but that Ducati would be something that would also interest me,he is even dedicated enough to ride in the winter,like we sometimes did up here in the great white north.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I like sitting upright too, with my beneath me rather than out in front of me. My bike is equipped with heated grips and ports for the heated jacket liner and gloves I have. I'll ride as long as there's a clear path. :)

Being able to carry stuff is cool. On an audio-related note I often ride my bike the 50 miles north to my favorite audio dealer. My reasoning is that there's no place to put a new pair of speakers or too risky for delicate electronics. That mostly works, though somehow I found out that my top box fits a couple dozen LP's perfectly. :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
For you that have never had motorcycles, too bad.
I had bikes from 18 to 50. I used to ride 25,000 miles a year. I've been all over the country on motorcycles.
I had 4 BMW's and at 50 (50 was a few years ago), I decided that enough was enough, My reflexes were not the same as when I was 30.
But yet I was still pushing it like I was 30...time to give it up.

I've been looking at motorcycles lately (because I do miss it) and this is the bike that caught my eye. The main problem is it's 175 HP in a 500 lb. frame...sheesh. I can't think of a better way to die

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Does anyone here have a link to the Impedance Curve of the Focus 160?

I know Stereophile reviewed it, but unless I am crazy, I can't find Atkinson's measurements.

I'm curious to see the curve because I'm wondering if the impedance ever drops below 4. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
I doubt it dips below 4 ohm. Dynaudio always uses a Zobel (impedance correction) circuit on their speakers to smooth out dips and peaks which keeps the response flatter.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Remember Coda audio that posted Dyn's dealer prices? Read this thread at Agon. So sad:mad:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/coda-audio-video-based-in-san-francisco-is-running-a-fraudulent-operati
They don't like to pay their bills. But the good news is the Dr (doctorxx)was able to prove payment and Mike Lars and Tyler are going ahead with the upgrade in Dec. Talk about customer satisfaction and good will :eek:. I always like stories that end like this. :D:D
Horrible. I wonder what they had against Dynaudio. Maybe Dynaudio distribution cut them off after finding out about their shady business?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Remember Coda audio that posted Dyn's dealer prices? Read this thread at Agon. So sad:mad:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/coda-audio-video-based-in-san-francisco-is-running-a-fraudulent-operati
They don't like to pay their bills. But the good news is the Dr (doctorxx)was able to prove payment and Mike Lars and Tyler are going ahead with the upgrade in Dec. Talk about customer satisfaction and good will :eek:. I always like stories that end like this. :D:D

That is sad, if anyone is spending that much money on speakers, I would do it in person and I am going to make sure that they are in good standing with the manufacturer which I have done before. I just bought a Hegel Amp this way, wanted to get it locally but guy wouldn't give me a decent discount and I am a repeat customer so I bought one on the East Coast. Called the guy spoke with him for about 20 min, called Hegel to make sure he was a legit dealer. Sounds like a bunch of "A" holes and scam artist, over at Coda. Glad they where able to work it out with Raidho and a much better dealer!

32841 - 32860 of 47741 Posts