AVS Forum banner

36621 - 36640 of 47986 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I suppose these things could be used in a wireless 5.1 system with XD's as mains...use these for center and surrounds,possibly?Otto?
The Music speakers are not directly compatible with Xeo/Focus XD, as they use a wifi based connection, that is more multiroom friendly than the Xeo/XD ecosystem. They can be paired for a stereo setup, but currently do not support surround. I can't comment on future announcements.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This also does not change the fact that we are manufacturing more products than ever in Skanderborg (basically breaking records each month). The China facility is a (neccesary) addition to our manufacturing capabilites, not a replacement.
Don't worry Otto, as long as you have great acousticians and engineers in house, it can be assembled by me and still sound good. You would have couple of extra screws left after assembly, but hey.. would still sound better than Bose :)

On a serious note, good to know that you are not using sub-contractors, because that's when **** hits the fan. And also, I'm happy that you are breaking records in Skanderborg! Probably with the S40 orders.. hehe.. Thanks for that great bookshelf.

P.S. Christoffer! We need more interviews (ask the experts) with your engineers and acousticians, since they are the ones making the magic happen!!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Impatient alert: Inwas curious if Dynaudoo will have the S40's on a live demo at next weeks RMAF? My local Dyn dealer isn't displaying them and I'd really hate to have him open a set of I don't end up buying them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Folks,

Need some help with my Hegel H160 which is driving my C1s. I have a HomeKit enabled wall wart which lets me turn it on/off remotely - fantastic. But I need to switch inputs from "net" (i.e. AirPlay streaming) back to optical whenever I turn on the TV more easily than using the darned Hegel remote (press input +/- switch four times argh).

Any suggestions? I don't even know if Hegel's IR supports switching directly to a specific input versus +/- so I don't know if an IR blaster would work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Impatient alert: Inwas curious if Dynaudoo will have the S40's on a live demo at next weeks RMAF? My local Dyn dealer isn't displaying them and I'd really hate to have him open a set of I don't end up buying them.
Your dealer is doing himself and his customers a dis-service by not having a set for demo...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Relax late evening listen on S40:

Reactions: Frank79

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was considering the S40 speakers as an upgrade over my X18s. I was also considering an upgrade to my DAC. I used a Chord Mojo as the DAC in my audio system. After much thought I decided to give the speaker upgrade a wait and get a better DAC. I am not sorry since the sonic upgrade with my new DAC is palpable. If I had stuck with the Mojo and got a pair of S40s I guess I the Mojo would have been holding the sound back. Don't get me wrong, the Mojo is ok. There are however significantly better DACs out there.

The lesson here is that there is no point in upgrading the speakers if all that does is give you a better understanding of the limitations upstream.

Sooner or later I will hope to get the S40. I just guess it will be later.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was considering the S40 speakers as an upgrade over my X18s. I was also considering an upgrade to my DAC. I used a Chord Mojo as the DAC in my audio system. After much thought I decided to give the speaker upgrade a wait and get a better DAC. I am not sorry since the sonic upgrade with my new DAC is palpable. If I had stuck with the Mojo and got a pair of S40s I guess I the Mojo would have been holding the sound back. Don't get me wrong, the Mojo is ok. There are however significantly better DACs out there.

The lesson here is that there is no point in upgrading the speakers if all that does is give you a better understanding of the limitations upstream.

Hugo 2?

·
Registered
266 Posts

i'm in similar situation i have x18 and 2 amps. One Abrahamsen v2up and other Creek 100A also es9018 dac. Would be S40 significant upgrade from X18? Is it worth it? :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Definitely yes.

By the way, which amplifier do you prefer? I've owned a Creek 5350SE. I still have it in a box somewhere, it needs a repair. I've never heard a Per Abrahamsen amp, but given his legacy at Electrocompaniet I would guess it's pretty nice.

Reactions: wersuss

·
Registered
266 Posts
As owner of both - definitely yes
How would you describe sound difference x18 and s40? :)

I would also get a better dac. :p
For example? :) Like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-K-S-Audio-MH-DA004-Dual-ES9038pro-D-A-DAC-DSD-Input-Coaxial-Audio-Decoder-/253063052199?var=&hash=item3aebbbbba7:m:mydBqH1b05KZ9A8fHFuQFGQ

Definitely yes. Appreciate.

By the way, which amplifier do you prefer? I've owned a Creek 5350SE. I still have it in a box somewhere, it needs a repair. I've never heard a Per Abrahamsen amp, but given his legacy at Electrocompaniet I would guess it's pretty nice.
I was surprised how warm, strong and alive Abrahamsen sounds, when bought it couldn't stop listening, that bass and highs. I don't understand, Creek claims 170w 4ohm and Abrahamsen is 140w, but Creek doesn't have such a control of speakers weaker bass and highs in my opinion Seems like Creek 100a more focused on midrange sounds, voice and electric guitar for example stands out, but not warm and dynamic as Abrahamsen. And price is twice less here for Abrahamsen amp, the difference it makes with same speakers is amazing. :) Creek 100a weighs 9kg and Abrahamsen 16kg, maybe that makes difference.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Classe amps are closing their doors as or 10/06. Don't know if anyone of you heard those but they were decent amps in their category.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Classe amps are closing their doors as or 10/06. Don't know if anyone of you heard those but they were decent amps in their category.
Wow, the guy I bought my Evidence center from powered it as well as his Temptations with Classe mono amps, they did sound quite well.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi Aaron, thanks for the greeting, I took a break from Audio and the forum for a while ( yuk yuk ;)) but I recently moved my speakers into a new room and my dormant audio interest is beginning to rise again hehe I'm still with the c4's though, I can't really see myself moving up to Temptations ;) Nice to see the forum is still going strong and new guys at Dyn HQ I guess Mikk Tillman is gone now, of course i remember Pumacat, the man deserves a loyalty award for sticking to his Contours but then again the Contour 3.4's are hard to let go of.

Hey Dynero,

I was thinking of you the other day. Wondering what the hell happened to Dynero? And then you popped up in the forum. Subliminal message;)

We were a pretty good group.

Do you remember Puma Cat? He called me yesterday. We had a really nice conversation.
His system is pretty much what it was a few years ago. The only upgrade he's done is putting new Esotar Tweets in his Contour 3.4s.

Stephan has shifted his focus more to his photography. I've seen his work and he's one hell of a photographer.

Good to hear from you!

Aaron

36621 - 36640 of 47986 Posts