AVS Forum banner

47001 - 47020 of 47690 Posts

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
RaceTripper: Ironically I didn't see the post by MindRise, and if you do a comparison of the newer C2 line like the Platinum version with a darker color, your Black and my Mocca finish I think they even look better than the current ones. The picture he is using looks like the original Confidence line, I do agree with him on the Grey Oak though, If they had them in the Confidence 20's I might be all over a pair. Still would considering a pair in the Smoke Finish, hard to find them in the US right now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to stir up ****; and I can't find the post now. But someone was asking, about active "monitors".

PMC...has legit, studio-proven units, of all shapes and sizes; depending on your listening preference (near-field, mid, or from afar)...and pocketbook.
I'd agree with this. In Pro audio circles Dynaudio's lower studio monitor tiers (LYD/BM) can't really compete with the big boys such as PMC. While nice monitors for tracking, they are hard to mix/master on due to the Dynaudio mid bass hump and upper mids suckout. I have here a pair of PMC two.two6 monitors that make most audio sound pretty ugly but they tell you exactly what is happening in a mix, warts and all, which is exactly what you want in a studio environment. Never heard the Air line but would assume it is more accurate, albeit at a much higher cost, as it should be.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
RaceTripper: Ironically I didn't see the post by MindRise, and if you do a comparison of the newer C2 line like the Platinum version with a darker color, your Black and my Mocca finish I think they even look better than the current ones. The picture he is using looks like the original Confidence line, I do agree with him on the Grey Oak though, If they had them in the Confidence 20's I might be all over a pair. Still would considering a pair in the Smoke Finish, hard to find them in the US right now.
My dealer has a pair of Contour 60s in the gloss gray (is that Gray Oak?). They look stunning. However, I still prefer the piano black for my C2 over anything. It works best with my piano black REL subs, black Naim and black on black Fraim. :p

I wonder what the Confidence 20 would sound like in my system (not that it's on my radar) Would they have that big orchestral hall slam and presence I like for symphonic music, etc?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I'd agree with this. In Pro audio circles Dynaudio's lower studio monitor tiers (LYD/BM) can't really compete with the big boys such as PMC. While nice monitors for tracking, they are hard to mix/master on due to the Dynaudio mid bass hump and upper mids suckout. I have here a pair of PMC two.two6 monitors that make most audio sound pretty ugly but they tell you exactly what is happening in a mix, warts and all, which is exactly what you want in a studio environment. Never heard the Air line but would assume it is more accurate, albeit at a much higher cost, as it should be.
What about the Result 6? Ever hear it??

Based on what you're saying; maybe it strikes a balance, from the warts-and-all presentation...of the TwoTwo.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
The Dyn M3 series is one of the best monitors in the biz at least during production. It would run toe to toe with JBL, Genelec and Adam in its price range. The Dyn Cinema Master is a M3 basically.

The Core59 is a different animal but I bet it would perform in a residential HT or music system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What about the Result 6? Ever hear it??

Based on what you're saying; maybe it strikes a balance, from the warts-and-all presentation...of the TwoTwo.
The Result6 is in some ways very similar to the two.two's. Amazing insight and detail, overall slightly lean balance. They don't have the bottom end extension (of the two's) but in broad terms are definitely 'related'. Fantastic value overall, you'd have to spend a lot more in the passive world to get anywhere near them.

Dyns by contrast are much nicer to listen to, especially over long sessions with mediocre material. Again, nicer is a negative in studio terms but for home listening or basic tracking it can be a positive. Swings and roundabouts..

·
Registered
647 Posts
always been Genelec curious when it came to active studio monitors, they seem to have good tech and craftsmanship. Also the higher end JBLs are intriguing as well .

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sadly, the current Confidence Series still lacks a centre speaker. I can't fathom why... I ask the chaps at the Dynaudio factory and there wasn't a real answer I can quote.
Probably because home theatre is a dying breed, I just got rid of my confidence Center.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Sadly, the current Confidence Series still lacks a centre speaker. I can't fathom why... I ask the chaps at the Dynaudio factory and there wasn't a real answer I can quote.
Probably because home theatre is a dying breed, I just got rid of my confidence Center.
Lmao.... the entire speaker forum is threads asking about HT speaker setups, not 2-ch setups.

Reactions: MUDCAT45

·
Registered
32 Posts
Integrated amplifier for Dynaudio Emit M10

Hi :) I'm looking for an amplifier with a good quality / price ratio but which synergically matches well with these speakers, I would prefer a class AB amplifier, it would be an advantage to add an external dac in order to change the sound signature at will, it could be a good choice the Cambridge AXA35? I will use the speakers in a nearfield configuration, the source used is my PC via optical or coaxial connection. I also plan to add a subwoofer because in addition to music I am also a user of high definition cinema.

Thanks everyone for the help and have a nice Sunday

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Hi :) I'm looking for an amplifier with a good quality / price ratio but which synergically matches well with these speakers, I would prefer a class AB amplifier, it would be an advantage to add an external dac in order to change the sound signature at will, it could be a good choice the Cambridge AXA35? I will use the speakers in a nearfield configuration, the source used is my PC via optical or coaxial connection. I also plan to add a subwoofer because in addition to music I am also a user of high definition cinema.

Thanks everyone for the help and have a nice Sunday
I'm not sure what your budget is, but the Marantz PM 6006 costs close to that CA AZA35 and is a solid amp.
If the budget allows, the PM 7000N is a multi-talented amp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to get opinions from fellow Dynaudio fans on a possible upgrade.

Do you think buying a pair of Dynaudio Special Forty would be an upgrade from a Dynaudio BM15 passive? Or should I look at different Dynaudio options?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
LOL…

I lost interest in HT sound years ago. Nothing has changed in my HT setup since I replaced a broken AVR with a NAD AVR 6 years ago. Now they want nearly $600 to add support for 4K video passthru with an upgrade module (I just bought a LG CX65 4K TV). I'm not doing that. My next step might be to get rid of it all and just use a Naim Mu-so 2.

Reactions: no quarter

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
LOL…

I lost interest in HT sound years ago. Nothing has changed in my HT setup since I replaced a broken AVR with a NAD AVR 6 years ago. Now they want nearly $600 to add support for 4K video passthru with an upgrade module (I just bought a LG CX65 4K TV). I'm not doing that. My next step might be to get rid of it all and just use a Naim Mu-so 2.
I mainly used my home theatre setup for concert bluerays. A 7.2 hometheater is not practical in my one bedroom apartment, not only for the amount of gear involved, but also the high SPL’s I played my movies at do not work with neighbors only a thin wall away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think I must be one of the few who has never owned, and never had any desire to own, a home theatre of any kind.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I am not doing a "home theater" in a living room again. I am looking forward to having a dedicated room again soon for HT stuff. Big movie fan so a proper Atmos setup with killer bass is a lot of fun. Put on Mad Max: Fury Road and buckle up buckaroos...

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I think I must be one of the few who has never owned, and never had any desire to own, a home theatre of any kind.
I started with a pair of TDL RTL 3, then I visited a local store where the Lion King was on a LD in Dolby Surround, they were playing "The Circle of Life" and that was it.
HT 70% and some background music... occasional critical listening when I have time, which isn't so common...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I never really had a decent HT setup until I purchased my house a few years ago... I'd always wanted one but living in condos it just didn't make sense. Even though I spend over 90% of my time listening to 2 channel, I LOVE having the HT setup. When I move and can build my next place I'll have a dedicated in wall/ceiling HT setup and 2 channel will be in my office, but until then I'll continue to enjoy what I have...

47001 - 47020 of 47690 Posts