AVS Forum banner

47281 - 47300 of 47736 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I’ll double-check. I do think Masters level is more.

EDIT- Yep; $29.99. Now...I AM on Family. Guess I needed that, to listen in car, Sonos, etc.

Still too much!
Nope, you don't. I have the single account and installed on multiple devices. The family plan is to give the other people their own unique logins.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Nope, you don't. I have the single account and installed on multiple devices. The family plan is to give the other people their own unique logins.
Same here. I use one account on my BluOS system at home (that gives me 4 devices) and because my wife won't use it at all despite being home most of the time, it's what I use at work too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Special 25 will most likely be one of the last Dynaudio I buy... Maybe if the Confidence 20 come down to a more readable price, like 8K retail, I might look at them! For now my main system has been complete for some time, the Platinum C2's and the Belles gear just hit the sweet spot for me and every time I fire it up it gives me goosebumps when playing music! The monitor fixation I have alway had and always try new and used gear looking for that type of monitor that makes my hair stand on end when I hear a female singer hit those high notes that sends goosebumps all over, very few speakers do that for me.. As far as Monitors go, Confidence 3, C1's/Special 25 and Contours come damn close, but all of those where in my old room, even the Elac I am trying out now are amazing, very balanced and for under $2500 one of the better newer speakers I have heard.. Listening to them now..

I remember the time my first pair of S25's were home demoed side by side with the 1.3se's. WOW--it was like a kick in the head and truly shocking the music that flowed out which somehow was not making it out of the 1.3se's. I bought them the next day. They were sold 5 years later as I went another direction for a while, but when Dynaudio came out with a new production run in the US, I had to buy them again and have used them on and off in HT and audio ever since. They are truly one of the great monitors in audio history.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Suboctave: I should have them this week.. I had a pair way back when, too small of a room and bass heavy moved them upstairs and they sounded wonderful but wife didn't want a system upstairs in old house. I ended up keeping the C1's because they worked better in my room. I had the Contour 1.3 MKII and 1.3 SE those are the ones I remember being more of a mismatched speaker, similar to what I heard out of the Evoke 20's and a few other Dyns. Not very often (thankfully) you hear a pair that just don't sound right.. The 1.3SE was one along with the Contour 2.1 and Contour 2.8 very off in my book. So hopefully these will sound good in this room, I have said this before "The Elac Vela 403 are remarkable" Mr. Jones scored with these!

Reactions: Suboctave

·
Registered
799 Posts
During Quarantine I had time to update my Desktop System.

The star of the show here are the Dynaudio BM6a mkII Active Monitors. The way I describe them is open & neutral with just a hint of sweetness to their sound.

I've spent considerable effort taming this small room, and as it is now this system sounds outstanding! It's not the most high-end system, I may update the DAC this year but it sounds really great with a huge soundstage with good width, depth and a great center image.

The System:

-Dynaudio BM6a mkII
-2020 Samsung The Frame 43"
-Paradigm Monitor SUB10 w/ PBK room correction
-Cambridge DacMagic Plus (likely upgrade to miniDSP SHD)
-GIK Acoustics 242 Panels x2, Monster Bass Trap x1, Art Panel x1
-Vicoustic VicWallpaper on front wall

·
Registered
647 Posts
love the design on the back wall, is that soft/absorptive material?

Looks like a great little work area. Many of y'all have interior design to a science. We are happy if the floor isn't decorated in Lego and LOL surprise toys.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Nick V: Looks great!

I am trying to get a similar look, more clean looking.. Trying to find stands to use for Thunderbolt display and iMac I have, which has been difficult because they are different sizes. I am using the KEF LSX as Near Field monitors on Stands now which do look and sound great.

Reactions: Nick V

·
Registered
799 Posts
love the design on the back wall, is that soft/absorptive material?

Looks like a great little work area. Many of y'all have interior design to a science. We are happy if the floor isn't decorated in Lego and LOL surprise toys.
Yes, it's an acoustic product. Equal parts functional and aesthetic. Vicoustic VicWallpaper

The GIK panels that I'm using are more functional (and effective).

Funny enough, we have a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old, so it's always an effort to keep these rooms looking good!

Reactions: Garman

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Guys, since the Audio side of my journey is pretty much done,lol, I am starting to think about the video side again. I have been holding off getting a 4K TV, kind of waiting for the prices to come down, which they have to my liking. I briefly searched through the AVS sites for the latest and greatest 4k TV’s, and have come up with an LG-CX or a Sony A8H as two front runners so far. What I am not sure of yet, is if I will replace my 65 inch Panasonic Plasma in my living room with the 4K TV, or just get, say a 55 inch 4k for the bedroom. You see, in the living room i sit about 12 feet away from the TV, but in the bedroom I would be about 7 feet away. Can you really see the difference from 12 feet away? Maybe I would be better off with 4K in the bedroom for more nearfield viewing. Any advice on other TV’s I should look at, budget will max out at around 4 K (Canadian). The two I mentioned seem to be high end models, I could get a bigger screen with a lesser model, but not sure yet which way to go. I had also been wondering about 8K, but those appear to be a long way away still. I guess the next question would be where is the best place to get 4K content?... Netflix, Amazon..., right now I only use a HD antenna.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiK2uKg0JvqAhVLK80KHWsZAVwQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled65cxpua-oled-4k-tv&usg=AOvVaw2geNA-LxlmWr5fupddATPc
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjXl-_S0JvqAhUMHs0KHb1DAbIQFjAKegQIARAB&url=https://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/sony-a8h-oled-tv-review-4k-hdr/&usg=AOvVaw2KEA7yZeoRs8eSKWE5y9yH

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
no quarter: I own both a OLED LG, nice unit and nice looking.. But I have 2 Sony's and they are rock solid, the LG has some banning issues, I like the GUI on the LG better, but to me the Sony looks better and uses better electronics and video processor.... You really can't go wrong with either of them. As far as 8K goes, very little if any content and there won't be for some time, most broadcast are in 720/1080p right now. The most you will get out of your 4K TV will depend on your source you are viewing, there is now 4K content on Apple TV/Amazon and 4K Discs.

Reactions: no quarter

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sony’s motion processing is second to none. LG has gotten better. Just not at Sony’s level. Go for the A9G and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sony’s motion processing is second to none. LG has gotten better. Just not at Sony’s level. Go for the A9G and call it a day.

From what I read though, the Sony TV’s are using LG displays. The Sony I linked to is supposed to be a better picture, but not as good for gaming, which I do here and there. But the LG has HDMI 2.1 , which is supposed to be the latest and greatest, but the Sony does not. I will have a look at the A9G You mention.
A guy PM’d me about TV’s, and has me more confused than ever,lol.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
From what I read though, the Sony TV’s are using LG displays. The Sony I linked to is supposed to be a better picture, but not as good for gaming, which I do here and there. But the LG has HDMI 2.1 , which is supposed to be the latest and greatest, but the Sony does not. I will have a look at the A9G You mention.
A guy PM’d me about TV’s, and has me more confused than ever,lol.

LG Display is the only manufacturer of OLED panels. Not to be confused with LG Electronics. Processing is what sets them apart. Sony has always had better motion going back 10 years ago. LG has closed the gap. I’d take a 77C series over a 65A9 series any day. Bigger the better.

HDMI 2.1 won’t matter until there are sources that support it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
LG Display is the only manufacturer of OLED panels. Not to be confused with LG Electronics. Processing is what sets them apart. Sony has always had better motion going back 10 years ago. LG has closed the gap. I’d take a 77C series over a 65A9 series any day. Bigger the better.

HDMI 2.1 won’t matter until there are sources that support it.

Ok I checked out the A9G, that might be the front runner....😀

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
no quarter: You can't go wrong with either.... Sony processing is key, LG makes most of the panel's, but I have had issues with mine and there service department blows. I replaced my HDMI cable which did improve things but still have vertical banding issues, not noticeable when viewing regular programing unless its a really dark scene. I have had great luck and service with Sony so far, I might put a nice 75-77" panel in and do a drop down for my projector, but with a TV in bar area where I have some over the head Dyn in-wall speakers, I been pretty happy with setup. Using Sony 900E and 900F series, which I really like for a non OLED Panel.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
LG has brighter, more impactful HDR picture. Sony also has the lame low latency Dolby Vision profile which is inferior to LGs built in hardware based Dolby Vision processing. Since I care the most about HDR picture quality, I've been using LGs for the last couple generations. Waiting on Sony to pick up their game in this area and I might consider switching.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
no quarter: You can't go wrong with either.... Sony processing is key, LG makes most of the panel's, but I have had issues with mine and there service department blows. I replaced my HDMI cable which did improve things but still have vertical banning issues, not noticeable when viewing regular programing unless its a really dark scene. I have had great luck and service with Sony so far, I might put a nice 75-77" panel in and do a drop down for my projector, but with a TV in bar area where I have some over the head Dyn in-wall speakers, I been pretty happy with setup. Using Sony 900E and 900F series, which I really like for a non OLED Panel.
It's called banding, not banning. lol. The banding is an issue across all OLED brands. Really a crapshoot if you get a good, clean panel.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
It's called banding, not banning. lol. The banding is an issue across all OLED brands. Really a crapshoot if you get a good, clean panel.
drewTT: Thanks for the spell check, I am typing on phone! lol I get the "banding" issue, my issue was more with there lack of service and "we really don't care" if you have a problem approach. ;)

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
During Quarantine I had time to update my Desktop System.

The star of the show here are the Dynaudio BM6a mkII Active Monitors. The way I describe them is open & neutral with just a hint of sweetness to their sound.

I've spent considerable effort taming this small room, and as it is now this system sounds outstanding! It's not the most high-end system, I may update the DAC this year but it sounds really great with a huge soundstage with good width, depth and a great center image.

The System:

-Dynaudio BM6a mkII
-2020 Samsung The Frame 43"
-Paradigm Monitor SUB10 w/ PBK room correction
-Cambridge DacMagic Plus (likely upgrade to miniDSP SHD)
-GIK Acoustics 242 Panels x2, Monster Bass Trap x1, Art Panel x1
-Vicoustic VicWallpaper on front wall
Dang, that is one hell of a bezel on that monitor. Did it come like that?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
The thing I like about the A9G television is that you can use it as a center channel. I need that since getting rid of my Confidence Center. Apparently the Screen itself emits the sound, even has small subwoofers in it. Now, do I get the 65 inch, which I might be able to afford this year, or keep saving for the 77 inch?:cool:

47281 - 47300 of 47736 Posts