AVS Forum banner

47981 - 48000 of 48174 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Otto: Question for you, can you please see my PM to you?

Thanks for any reply, much appreciated !

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Otto J : any update on the status of the Dynaudio Music app? A new one is supposed to be under development and due this month... Getting Spotify Connect back in the Music speakers wouldn't hurt either! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lots of tasty treats on the Gon right now.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
@Otto J : any update on the status of the Dynaudio Music app? A new one is supposed to be under development and due this month... Getting Spotify Connect back in the Music speakers wouldn't hurt either! :)

I have the Music 3 system and love the fact I can move it around the house without having to use a plug, but now my Music 3 will not hold a charge.... Anyone else having this issue? Just starting happening a few days ago, so it's shows charing when plugged in, but once I unplug it, it last about 10 min and then dies even though the battery shows 3/4 charged. In fact it will not fully charge now.. very odd, as I reset it several times and it dies right away.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the Music 3 system and love the fact I can move it around the house without having to use a plug, but now my Music 3 will not hold a charge.... Anyone else having this issue? Just starting happening a few days ago, so it's shows charing when plugged in, but once I unplug it, it last about 10 min and then dies even though the battery shows 3/4 charged. In fact it will not fully charge now.. very odd, as I reset it several times and it dies right away.
How old is it? Seems just your battery is end of life or defective.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had borrowed a Music 1 from my dealer for some time and it's battery was also playing up. It was showing up as full but in reality it's capacity had dropped to something like 50%. So it seems that your battery is probably gone... How long do you have it? Is it still under warranty? You should ask to have it replaced. It's a pity that the batteries lose their performance so easily... Probably Dynaudio should optimise the charging algorithm to make sure the battery doesn't get too stressed!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Batteries can be fickle. I have an iPad that would hold charge for 12-14 hours no problem then after about a year it suddenly had a battery life of about 2 hours, almost overnight. Only course of action is to replace the battery, which fortunately is an inexpensive problem.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
I had borrowed a Music 1 from my dealer for some time and it's battery was also playing up. It was showing up as full but in reality it's capacity had dropped to something like 50%. So it seems that your battery is probably gone... How long do you have it? Is it still under warranty? You should ask to have it replaced. It's a pity that the batteries lose their performance so easily... Probably Dynaudio should optimise the charging algorithm to make sure the battery doesn't get too stressed!
Well Dyn's customer service is usually "Stellar" but during these times everyone is stressed behind believe.... Up, shows full battery on App but battery is DOA, will not hold charge and runs for about 10 min and then dies out. Plugged in it sounds awesome.... hopefully they have rectified an issue with these battery powered ones. Otherwise then just give me the Music 5 or 7! ;) I believe the Music systems are 2 year warranty.. at least it still works plugged in..

·
Registered
125 Posts
how's does the new contour 20i's sound compare to a SP40? anyone had a demo compare between those 2?
I don't think anyone here has listened to the two side-by-side, no.

·
Registered
984 Posts
how's does the new contour 20i's sound compare to a SP40? anyone had a demo compare between those 2?
The Contour 20i is approximately 50% more expensive than Special 40. 20i is also a new generation that very recently has been released. All else equal, I would assume the 20i to be better. But I haven't compared them. Personally I'm more into floor standing speakers. But that preference will of course differ between users.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just wonder if there is anyone using the Contour(i) series speakers in a HT setup?

I'm considering a 5.1 setup with 30i as fronts, 25Ci as center. And then "some other speakers" as rears.

Would you consider the Contour series to be suitable for both music and movies? And will a high quality AVR be sufficient to drive them, e.g. Arcam AVR20?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just wonder if there is anyone using the Contour(i) series speakers in a HT setup?

I'm considering a 5.1 setup with 30i as fronts, 25Ci as center. And then "some other speakers" as rears.

Would you consider the Contour series to be suitable for both music and movies? And will a high quality AVR be sufficient to drive them, e.g. Arcam AVR20?
I dont own them, so I can only comment partially. I truly believe, if the speakers are good musically, they will do more than fine for movies. As the fronts play a lot of the movie "score" music. I have to assume the 25ci can do the job more then well.

I haven't checked the specs of that AVR, but I have to assume no, not at all, especially if you need to power additional surround speakers as well. Contour speakers from what I understand require power...

·
Registered
374 Posts

I’m using Contour 30s and Contour 25c in my living room, where we watch lots of movies and I listen to music.

The Contours excel at both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
You are far from crazy. At CEDIA 2017 (?) Dynaudio did a joint demo with Datasat. Russ Berger did the design (within the limitations of the space using a hotel breakout room) and calibration. It was amazing and one of the best I’ve ever heard and I’ve heard them all over the years. I spoke to Dynaudio a few months ago. There might be deals available if anyone is TRUELY interested —- serious inquires only LOL. In addition some 2 way models might be available as well that would not require 4 channels of amplification. Today it is known as the Cinema Master Series.
Awesome news! I definitely want the 3-ways and the 2x 12K watt amps. First, I have to put Weistec W.4 turbos in my S63 Coupe (in January). THEN, I'll request the "hook-up" for the (arguably) best sounding, most rock-pounding pair of "blow-your-mind" studio monitors you'd ever want to grace your living room walls. o_O(y):cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Contour 20i is approximately 50% more expensive than Special 40. 20i is also a new generation that very recently has been released. All else equal, I would assume the 20i to be better. But I haven't compared them. Personally I'm more into floor standing speakers. But that preference will of course differ between users.
I see....cause i wanna know how much of a difference if i am to go one tier level up as i had the SP40....i also had a focal kanta floorstander and 805D3 after listening to those i felt my SP40 weak lol that's why itchy backside

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I see....cause i wanna know how much of a difference if i am to go one tier level up as i had the SP40....i also had a focal kanta floorstander and 805D3 after listening to those i felt my SP40 weak lol that's why itchy backside
You should get a used pair of Contour 30 if you have the amp for it. Talk about a level up. Sounds like you want a floorstander.

47981 - 48000 of 48174 Posts