AVS Forum banner

48041 - 48060 of 48181 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
To keep the playing field level... to price ranges, 30% more expensive Pass integrated amp ($7500) puts out a whopping 25 wpc, or the $13,500 mono blocks which also produce 25 wpc. The $9000 60wpc IA? Are are we discussing the $12000 integrated amp 250 wpc?
Krell sure if you like that cold sound. Gives you good watts for the $. I’d rather go Hegel then Krell. Krell is just the Lexus version of Parasound IMO. But to each their own.
But even Hegels $6k H390 only add 6 dbs of usable output.
I am going to drop this now, I never said anything about price...just the term “powerhouse” that you used to describe the SN3, which I disagree with, that’s all.
Here is my idea of a “powerhouse”

·
Registered
586 Posts
I believe I would be looking then at the Belles Aria mono amps. A little more expensive than what I wanted to pay. The problem is, nothing local here for me to be able to audition them.
Also space wise, unless I stack them, not sure if that's a bad thing so they can breathe. I wouldn't be able to get the integrated model as it doesn't have HT bypass.
I am uncomfortable with stacking monoblocks, at least if they're class A or AB. Even if they're both operating at a safe temperature, they're not likely to be operating at the same temperature. I've always perceived a difference in sound when an amp is warm vs. cold, usually small but sometimes not. I might be a little too anal about it, but if I ever buy monoblocks I want to set them up as identical as possible.

Reactions: skads_187

·
Registered
336 Posts
Naim supernait 3 is a high current amp it can beat a hegel h390 easily......i have a naim atom rated at 40 watts driving a LS50 and PMC twenty5 21 at volume 45 it drive those in awaking stated u will thought you are using a 100 watts amp to drive....
As an Hegel H390 owner, i find that hard to belive!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am uncomfortable with stacking monoblocks, at least if they're class A or AB. Even if they're both operating at a safe temperature, they're not likely to be operating at the same temperature. I've always perceived a difference in sound when an amp is warm vs. cold, usually small but sometimes not. I might be a little too anal about it, but if I ever buy monoblocks I want to set them up as identical as possible.
Yeah that was a dumb question to ask, I think I know where I can fit them will just need slightly longer rca’s is all . I’ll have to blind buy these, no one here locally carries them, I’m in Canada, and called the Canadian distributor, can get them shipped though, a used pair. From what I’m reading this model will be better than the nad and moon models I was looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
So I had the Magico A3...then moved to the Revel Salon2...then to the C1 Platinums. The last move was due to an anticipated move to an apartment. Lo and behold I ended up renting a house instead. As a result I just placed an order for the just released Magico A5! The beryllium tweeter Magico uses is pretty special.

Anyone interested in a mint pair of C1 Plats!? :)
What is your experience with Magico A5?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Yeah that was a dumb question to ask, I think I know where I can fit them will just need slightly longer rca’s is all . I’ll have to blind buy these, no one here locally carries them, I’m in Canada, and called the Canadian distributor, can get them shipped though, a used pair. From what I’m reading this model will be better than the nad and moon models I was looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know where in Canada you live, but a dealer I use has a Belles 150 A V2 power amp for sale. I was going to buy it myself, but ended up with my Nagra integrated instead. The amp is around 5 years old, but brand new condition. He had it as a store demo, but never managed to sell it. He is asking 2k (Canadian) for it, which is about half price from MSRP, I live in Windsor.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I dont know where in Canada you live, but a dealer I use has a Belles 150 A V2 power amp for sale. I was going to buy it myself, but ended up with my Nagra integrated instead. The amp is around 5 years old, but brand new condition. He had it as a store demo, but never managed to sell it. He is asking 2k (Canadian) for it, which is about half price from MSRP, I live in Windsor.
Im in Laval QC and currently also see the Aria monoblocks for sale (used). not sure which one of the 2 are better?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Im in Laval QC and currently also see the Aria monoblocks for sale (used). not sure which one of the 2 are better?
Garman or Borderdog know a lot more about Belles gear than I do, but if money is not an issue, I would go for the monoblocks.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
skads_187
I just saw the monoblocks you are talking about on Canuck Audiomart. Those are the Aria’s, not the MB 200’s that Garman has, so I am not sure how they would compare to the
150 A V2 amp. The 150 is 125/250 Watts into 8/4 Ohms...while the Arias are 112/175, so the monos are less powerful....Garman?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Naim people are (like) a cult...

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
:(

Thanks for info (y)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Naim supernait 3 is a high current amp it can beat a hegel h390 easily......i have a naim atom rated at 40 watts driving a LS50 and PMC twenty5 21 at volume 45 it drive those in awaking stated u will thought you are using a 100 watts amp to drive....

It can beat the Hegel H390 in what way? The Naim's power supply is not bigger, and the Hegel's output stage is 4x larger. The SN3 uses 4 output devices TOTAL (2 per channel). The H390 uses 16 output devices (8 per channel). The H390 can handle more than 4 times the current and voltage in the output stage. Even if you ignore power ratings, the headroom and effortless of the Hegel is leagues ahead of an SN3.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To keep the playing field level... to price ranges, 30% more expensive Pass integrated amp ($7500) puts out a whopping 25 wpc, or the $13,500 mono blocks which also produce 25 wpc. The $9000 60wpc IA? Are are we discussing the $12000 integrated amp 250 wpc?
Krell sure if you like that cold sound. Gives you good watts for the $. I’d rather go Hegel then Krell. Krell is just the Lexus version of Parasound IMO. But to each their own.
But even Hegels $6k H390 only add 6 dbs of usable output.

You can't assess an amplifiers performance by power ratings in one argument, and then act like power ratings don't matter when defending Naim as a brand on a different day. As you know, power ratings don't tell all, but Pass amps normally have a much stronger output stage, and can pass more current and voltage than any of Naim's integrated amps. Those are facts and not opinion. Naim amps are biased more towards Class B than A which is why they don't require large heatsinks. They pass less current which means less heat. All you guys are being fed snake oil who think Naim amps get their sound from passing current. No. They are high voltage amps more than anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can't assess an amplifiers performance by power ratings in one argument, and then act like power ratings don't matter when defending Naim as a brand on a different day. As you know, power ratings don't tell all, but Pass amps normally have a much stronger output stage, and can pass more current and voltage than any of Naim's integrated amps. Those are facts and not opinion. Naim amps are biased more towards Class B than A which is why they don't require large heatsinks. They pass less current which means less heat. All you guys are being fed snake oil who think Naim amps get their sound from passing current. No. They are high voltage amps more than anything.
So u are saying those like luxman L590AXII class A at 30watts selling at $8,995.00 are nuts? Accuphase A48 at 45watts cost over 10k are snake oil and cheaters.....nah i not gonna argue with you....you had your own opinon same as others if u don't agree then just ignore......besides i owned both hegel and naim so to me hegel do sound detail but naim is more dynamic and it depend on your speakers......as long as i listen happy more important.......peace

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would like to know anybody here using Hegel amp ?? Specially h 190 ?? ,I read many good reviews about this amp ?? Also anybody here using streamer that could directly rip cd ? Any suggestion ?? Not want expensive one but reasonable good ??;):)
Streamer that directly rip a CD.

I’m using an Innuos Zen Mini with the optional power supply. I really like the hardware, and I have found the software to be fantastic. From my experience, their support has been excellent as well.

It has been a good source for my (weak sauce) Naim SN3 and SP40’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

48041 - 48060 of 48181 Posts