AVS Forum banner

48101 - 48120 of 48196 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Didn’t they remove the impedance correction from the filter, because it is not really required anymore in i version? That would explain the difference.
Yes. But I'm not sure if LowBeats thinks that's a good thing.

Reactions: Marquee Moon

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Removing driver impedance compensation could improve performance. I would think less energy storage in the crossover could potentially improve transient response. But it's possible that frequency response could suffer a little bit. It would be interesting to see a new Contour i measured by one of the publications who did a full set of measurements on the previous model.

In any case, it looks like some of the changes were aimed at cost cutting which is what allowed them to maintain the same price. Removing impedance compensation is one of them. The tweeter now has a plastic back chamber. The cabinet joinery is simpler. And the rag is gone.

EDIT: Sad to see they lost Roland Hoffmann. He was very straight up and a clear communicator.

Reactions: Marquee Moon

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Delija: Did Roland Hoffmann go over to Lyngdorf? My google translate is not doing a good enough job! ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Delija: Did Roland Hoffmann go over to Lyngdorf? My google translate is not doing a good enough job! ;)
Yes, you read that correctly.

Reactions: Garman

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm curious to know how much the hexis improves the new dynaudio tweeters, I guess a compare between a contour 20 and contour 20i would be much appreciated.

KEF have made a big entry with the LS50 Metamaterial, looks quite similar (maybe) to the hexis.... ?

I have not heard the new KEF yet, but seems very promising?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm curious to know how much the hexis improves the new dynaudio tweeters, I guess a compare between a contour 20 and contour 20i would be much appreciated.

KEF have made a big entry with the LS50 Metamaterial, looks quite similar (maybe) to the hexis.... ?

I have not heard the new KEF yet, but seems very promising?
Go back one page and read the LowBeats review and commentary and listen to the comparison audio.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Keep in mind that Hexis is not the only change.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
The Meta stuff KEF is doing is supposed to be a game changer. The updated LS50s are much improved. They are obviously updating their Reference line with this new tech as well. Can't wait to hear them.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
drewTT, when did they update them? I have had several pairs of LS50 over the last couple of years, I sold a pair about 6 months ago. Very good speaker in the Nearfield position. I have a pair of LSX for my computer system which I really like, but the sensitivity they didn't improve and being at 85db you better have a decent Amp running them to get decent sound out of them... major issue I had with them in my upstairs room, and a receiver running them, much better when I through them on the Belles Amps, the Elac 403 Vela was much better to my ears..

·
Registered
588 Posts
The LS50 Meta just came out about two weeks ago. The most notable improvement is a metamaterial absorber for the tweeter's back wave.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
drewTT, when did they update them? I have had several pairs of LS50 over the last couple of years, I sold a pair about 6 months ago. Very good speaker in the Nearfield position. I have a pair of LSX for my computer system which I really like, but the sensitivity they didn't improve and being at 85db you better have a decent Amp running them to get decent sound out of them... major issue I had with them in my upstairs room, and a receiver running them, much better when I through them on the Belles Amps, the Elac 403 Vela was much better to my ears..

I'd like to hear their Reference 1s once they get updated as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does anyone know what is the thread size on the (new) Confidence spikes?
If I'm not wrong, Contours use M8. Confidence look bigger on pictures.

Maybe @Otto J ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've just found in IsoAcoustics "calculator". It's M10-1.0.

CategoryFloor Standing Speaker
MakeDynaudio
ModelConfidence 50
Dimensions14.3 x 61.3 x 16.7 inches (W x H x D)36.3 x 155.7 x 42.4 cm
Weight109.3 lbs (49.6 kg)
ThreadedYes
Thread SizeM10-1.0

Contours - M8.

CategoryFloor Standing Speaker
MakeDynaudio
ModelContour 60
Dimensions10 x 52.4 x 16.5 inches (W x H x D)25.4 x 133.1 x 41.9 cm
Weight119 lbs (54 kg)
ThreadedYes
Thread SizeM8-1.25

·
Registered
433 Posts
Have an Evoke question, I just recently got my Evoke 50 and 25c, I went to register my speakers online, the 25c worked and the 50’s didn’t. Which made me look further into it, turns out the 50’s are made in China and the 25c is made in Denmark, anyone seen this before? I sent an email to dynaudio support for now, the serial number on the 50s is much longer.

My memory isn’t the best but I think I remember seeing a pic of someone on the Facebook Dyn group and his evoke 50s were made in Denmark, unless some are and some aren’t?

Edit: Can definitely confirm, that Im assuming 2019 Evoke 50's I have seen online show Made In Denmark. I just assumed the trend would continue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I thought most of the cabinets were made in Latvia now, except the Music, which are all in China. Maybe they are trying to sneak one by us.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have an Evoke question, I just recently got my Evoke 50 and 25c, I went to register my speakers online, the 25c worked and the 50’s didn’t. Which made me look further into it, turns out the 50’s are made in China and the 25c is made in Denmark, anyone seen this before? I sent an email to dynaudio support for now, the serial number on the 50s is much longer.

My memory isn’t the best but I think I remember seeing a pic of someone on the Facebook Dyn group and his evoke 50s were made in Denmark, unless some are and some aren’t?

Edit: Can definitely confirm, that Im assuming 2019 Evoke 50's I have seen online show Made In Denmark. I just assumed the trend would continue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is made in Denmark think yours is a special unit maybe they move the production back to china? afterall dynaudio was brought by a china company ,volvo was also brought by china their old S90 was made in germany then new S90 was made in china....maybe due to pressure from the china govt and alot of ppl in china having job losses they slowly moving back to china....as europe and mostly asia now having political conflict with china, some company like nike and apple also begin to move out from china to india and vietnam...china companies are also moving production back to china

·
Registered
433 Posts
I guess, Im not sure, but definitely seems like the ones Ive seen for used for sale are made in Denmark.
things make more sense now, the Canadian stores have a new rep/contact for Dynaudio and they are now being shipped from the US instead of Canada. Also Suggested retail price has gone down, which now explains why...

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I think we have a few headphone fans here. I am trying to finalize and I guess justify the purchase of HD800S. I spent a good hour with them and were my favorite over the likes of Focal Clear, Utopia, ZMF. The soundstage is just epic on the Senns. I am wondering what else is out there that compares, especially soundstage/imaging wise and comfort? I am passing on any Hifiman because the subpar build and quality control. Audyze's are just too uncomfortable for longer listening sessions. Maybe the Meze Emperians?

I already got this headphone stand so I need to buy something...lol

·
Registered
400 Posts

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T813 met Tapatalk

48101 - 48120 of 48196 Posts