AVS Forum banner

49381 - 49400 of 49703 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice, did you trade in the special 40’s on the new speakers, or is this just a home demo?
Thanks, i sold my S40’s few weeks ago, and bought the Heritage. Not easy choice, i really like the S40. Straight cold from packaging though, Heritage is different level. Very nice.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Very nice! (y)

Reactions: andrex99

·
Registered
808 Posts
It gets too warm :)

Reactions: watchnerd

·
Registered
808 Posts
Awesome room and setup--I cannot have a room like that until I move back to TX from CA. How big is it?
It's mid-size. About ~32 m2 (350 sq ft) is living room + ~8 m2 (90 sq ft) open kitchen - behind couch.

When I move from apartment to a house, I plan a bigger living room + dedicated Hi-Fi room with some smaller system.

Did you also replace all the interior wiring in your house?
Nope, but it's quite ok. 13 AWG wires, dedicated circuit breaker.

Again, when I move from apartment to a house, I plan something different.

Reactions: Suboctave

·
Registered
503 Posts
Oh baby, give us more details @andrex99

Your impressions can hold me over until I get my pair.
Just giving some records a spin.
Esotar 3 is very good. But to my own surprise, in my system the Esotar is not what takes most attention. It is the naturalness, effortless, sweet textured mids which i really love here. At low volume, all is very dynamic, very seperated, clear to follow voices, power everywhere and music fills the space so easy.
Very happy with purchase so far, and to me it seems sensational good. Great speaker

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts

another exciting innovation from KEF talented British Engineering team

while Dynaudio tries to make expensive heritage speakers the remind us of the past, Kef are making the future innovation of speakers
Except KEF makes awful sounding speakers. All the "innovation" in the world can't save them.

This implies that the engineers of Dynaudio are behind the times. That is not true at all. They are still at the forefront of cutting edge technology when it comes to their top level products. Their refinement over the years in their drivers is simply unmatched by anyone.

And really what other manufacturer today can make drivers so good that they can have 1st order crossovers? KEF definitely ain't one of them.

·
Registered
272 Posts

+5 dB uplift in the top octave on axis....

30 degrees off axis is much flatter.

49381 - 49400 of 49703 Posts